Who is next to leave?

Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

I read what I want and most times post a comment or advise, or give my own opinion. I don't think anyone should get mad about opinions, they are what they are, my opinion can change daily. less often, or more often, depends how I feel at that time. Sometimes I just read and go on.
I love this board and noone will run me off no matter what they say or do.
I would suppose during the summer some people are vacationing or busy with their lives.
During the winter more will be convined to inside because of cold, rain, ice and snow, OH, those words sound so nice with all this heat we've had.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:44 PM

I have noticed a few familiar names are not around. I don't go in the chat room, just don't have the time:(
Old 08-14-2010, 05:55 PM

It saddens me when people make rude comments about someone's previous posts. But I do think everyone has a right to their own opinion, that is free speech. I just don't believe in taking those personally. I don't know what personal problems they may have and how they are coping with day to day life.
I really have learned so much on this board, and enjoy reading about lots of topics. If I stumble upon a thread and I don't like the tone of the comments, I will NOT leave a comment myself, and I won't go back there! I turn of the radio and TV, too, lots of the time because I am not getting anything from them. I try to take care of myself, and let others take care of themselves as well. Life is good and I don't want to spoil it by being petty.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

I'm happy here and am not leaving, admin will have to banish me if anyone wants me to leave. :lol:
Old 08-14-2010, 06:06 PM

I don't think there's been bullying so to speak. Just as our tastes in fabric and patterns change, so do our tastes in boards. I have a nephew that builds a new house and moves every 3-4 years because he can. Some people change their furniture around every few weeks. Me? Mine's in pretty much the same place it was when I moved here in 99. I don't change too much or too fast but some do.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

maybe some of them, like myself don't have a computer, and i borrow my sons laptop or go to the library to go on, soooo sometimes i don't have access. my sone is out of school for 2 weeks, so hopefully i'll have his laptop. sme peopl just take a break coz times flies and no quilting is getting done. or like me get a new machine and have projects, gifts ect due. i'm sure there's 10 more reasons i can't think about. i go into the chat and most people ther are nice.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Well, I've seen it happen before..they come, they go...they are usually back at some point. I miss seeing some of the old timers, but then again maybe some of them are like me right now...I lurk, but don't take the time to always post..just too darn much going on right now!
Old 08-14-2010, 06:53 PM

I agree, some leave because of life's impolite intrusion on our quilting forums. But, a few have left specifically because of something that went on in the chat room.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I agree, some leave because of life's impolite intrusion on our quilting forums. But, a few have left specifically because of something that went on in the chat room.
What went on and who left because of it?

I go to chat pretty regular and it's always fun and very friendly. I've never seen anybody gossip about anything either.

I don't generally read the PDA section.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

I'm developing some thick skin I think b/c I just don't get easily offended like I did when I was younger!! I don't use the chat room only b/c I'd rather read posts and look at all the lovely quilts. I really like the people here!! And I learn a ton !! Hope I don't get kicked out! :D:D