Who is next to leave?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 AM

Just my 2 cents----I have to say I love this forum but I've gone from a long time lurker, to frequent poster (for a short while) now back to mostly a lurker.
But that's because I feel I don't really have much to offer, or I might go off on a tangent which probably annoys some as the post might seem off topic.
Nobody's made me feel unwelcome, I've put the brakes on myself.
This is a very friendly board.
It does seem alot of the posts are from the same people, but that's to be expected. There are always "leaders" and "followers", (I'm definitely a follower). It's not a bad thing here since the "leaders" are so helpful and patient.
I've lurked on other boards and found some attitutes that turned me away.
I've posted more here than anywhere else.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think there's any one reason why others might leave, it's probably because their life got in the way. I don't go into Chat or PDA so if there were tensions there I have no knowledge of it.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:07 AM

There is one person that I noticed that left. I sent her a PM but she did not respond. I would love to know what happened as I loved to read her posts everyday. She really lifted my spirits and I miss her very much. I do not go into the PDA or the live chat. I spend so much time on here as it is. I would say I spend way too much time on here but I love it here so much and have learned so much. You get to know some of the regulars and when they are missing you feel sad. I know I miss this one person so much and I wish I knew what happened but if she wants to keep it private I will leave it at that. I hope no one was rude to her. I know I was never rude to anyone on here. Glad I could get this off my chest.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:31 AM

I don't post very often but this board has gotten to be my morning coffee chill time. Does that make sense?
I enjoy learning things that people come up with. I have bought things off people on this board and they have always been wonderful. I went to the chat room once. Just not my thing. Didn't really know about the PDA.
I will be leaving for a few months because of financial stuff in the house I will be losing my internet. So sometimes life just gets in the way. I have noticed that there was one poster that hasn't been on much lately figured maybe she was on vacation.
Mostly it sounds like wonderful people on here Helpful and caring.
Now I need to get off and go feed 4 puppies whose breakfast is late cause I was on here reading. lol
Old 08-15-2010, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

its just summer time, lots of people don't have time to sew or spend lots of time on the computer during the summer time. in the winter time lots will be back
Old 08-15-2010, 04:39 AM

I'm here to stay, but----sometimes I just delete it cause it takes up so much of my time. everything is to interesting once I start I can't stop. don't know how you can shorten it, I guess it must me controlled by the user. IT"S A GREAT SITE>
Old 08-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

I am not going anywhere!!!!!!!!! I dont go to chat at all, because I have a very old computer, with a broken keyboard and dial up internet. I HAVE to type slow, so I am sure it wouldnt work in a chat..........
Everyones been very nice to me here, I havent seen anything mean at all....I guess its good I stay out of chat, LOL!
Damaquilts, hopefully you can still go to the library and visit us, I will miss you. But I understand financial problems, too!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:13 AM

CarrieAnne. Thanks. I have a friend that will let me use her computer but only for necessary things. I have to keep up with my doggy stuff first. I will miss my coffee buddies even if you all didn't know you were.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:41 AM

Why would anyone want to leave this community? It has everything a quilter needs; hints, tuts, patterns (free), friendship, help, angels, like/love, honest feelings and so on and so on. This community does not ask for anything but gives everything. This community has made my home-bound life WONDERFUL and ALIVE. I am so grateful.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
From time to time, I hear folks bashing the chat room and do not understand what they are talking about. I have never witnessed and cursing or true ill will, except during the troll invasion a few years ago.

In reality, certain words are starred out and censored, so you could not swear even if you wanted to, so I doubt vague unattributed reports of "cussing" going on in there.
Most of the time, chatters are friendly and welcoming. The days of the "night hawks and coffee drinking" fests are gone, as the regulars from earlier times have moved on.

I have noticed with larger crowds coming in there, that it is difficult to keep track of a few running conversations. I'm not sure if there can be solutions to that. Do not be put off by other people's perceptions - try the chat for yourself. It may or may not be your cup of tea, but it is a valuable part of this community.

I tend not to follow PDAs on a regular basis, but it does distress me to hear when old-timers leave. They are a wealth of information and wisdom that is not easily replaced.
I think what you said about perceptions is right on. This site is a form of communication, a written form. Unfortunately our society doesn't write formally anymore. We write the way we speak. Perhaps the writer was being sarcastic, or trying to be funny but to the reader it came off as being rude or hurtful. With all communication whether speaking face to face or in a written form such as this format (emails, txts etc) if you read something and are not sure of the writers intent or meaning you should seek clarification. Is it sad that someone is leaving - yes... With all that said this thread topic is a little bit like gossip. We don't know who the people are but we're still talking about them anyway, and it doesn't solve their problem of hurt feelings.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:46 AM

I don't go to the chat room. I love to go on the message board tho!!!