who remember clotheslines?

Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Izy

K I have one I made nearly the same, wouldn't be without it OR my mini twirler which holds about 2 dozen 'smalls' I hook em all on indoors then hang in on the line, saves pegs and takes up no room on the line either :D
Old 05-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

I have seen one made by the mennonites here that looks like a little girls dress. Where the apron begins is where you put the pins in so it looks like the pins are in her apron.
Next time I go down to the Dutchman's store Iwill take a picture so you can see it. They are really cute!
Old 05-11-2009, 01:48 PM

I have had a clothesline for years. Wouldn't be without one. Only use
my dryer when I have too.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:50 PM

I use my clothes line all the time! I did three loads today with towels waiting for tomorrow!

In the winter we use a dryer rack in front of our coal stove. I fact I just got a new one! It will hold about twice the size load my old one held. Yes, I'm about the only one in the neighbor hood with a clothes line, it was the first thing we put up when we moved here :-)

Vicky
Old 05-11-2009, 02:00 PM

I was noticing today as I drove home from work just how many people had cloths hanging out on their lines today, There were a lot! I was driving out in the country and it seemed almost every other house had clothslines and cloths hanging out.It is good to see!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 PM

When my sister moved to Australia in the early 1990's, their first house was brand-spankin'-new....and had a brand-spankin'-new clothesline out back! :D
Old 05-11-2009, 05:30 PM

k - i had one very similar to that for so long it actually rotted from not being brought in.

izy - hook them all to each other in one long chain, hang them outside and drive your neighbors nuts trying to figure out what you look like nekkid. ROFLMAO!

Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
K I have one I made nearly the same, wouldn't be without it OR my mini twirler which holds about 2 dozen 'smalls' I hook em all on indoors then hang in on the line, saves pegs and takes up no room on the line either :D
I've got one of those too - i use it for socks. Socks drive me mad and I'll be glad when we start wearing sandals - with 4 of us, that's 56 socks per week! :(

K x
Old 05-11-2009, 10:30 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
k - i had one very similar to that for so long it actually rotted from not being brought in.

izy - hook them all to each other in one long chain, hang them outside and drive your neighbors nuts trying to figure out what you look like nekkid. ROFLMAO!

Mine hangs on the twirly thing, under an overhang of the barn roof so stays dry, but I bring it in in winter!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Chain knickers - is that like chain letters!

K x
Old 05-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by Izy
I've got one of those too - i use it for socks. Socks drive me mad and I'll be glad when we start wearing sandals - with 4 of us, that's 56 socks per week! :(

K x
SOCKS?? EWW!!! I'm going to hate it when I have to start wearing shoes!!!