Who started this?

Old 01-06-2011, 04:44 PM

It is not clutter
it is organized chaos.
J J
Old 01-06-2011, 05:22 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by zennia
I am finding that I work better in clutter to. I just finished 3 project in my messy room. I find that when I clean and put thing away I either forget I have them or can never find them. Now its all out in the open. Think I will leave it this way.
YUP!! I can never find anything after I put it where I, for some unknown reason, think it should be. If I leave the clutter, I know where everything is.. That being said, however, I think I will clean my woman cave tomorrow...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Haha.. that is exactly what I have been working on... on the down side it helped me to see all the UFO's that I have.....yikes.... but I did find that I don't need to buy machine needles, hand needles, scissors, rotary cutters and a few other things that I seem to have SEVERAL of them now that I have orgainized everything!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:38 PM

Try doing it the FlyLady way, especially if it's an overwhelming mess - set your timer for 15 minutes and work until it goes off, then take a break. If you do this every day, even several times a day, you'll get there. Then once it's organized, just consistently do the 15-minute thing once every day or two to keep it that way. The timer really makes a difference. Helps you stay focused and to work more quickly. It's sooooooo easy to get side-tracked.... :)
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM

We shall want to see pictures
Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 PM

I finally found my sewing room after 3 days of cleaning and plan to spend my weekend on the longarm watching the snowflakes fall here in East TN. The only thing I have to do is sweep the little ladybugs that come out when the sun comes out like today. We have been told they were introduced into this area to eat aphids. Well they have taken up residence in my window cracks and crevices and are a pain. When they are out in full force there are hundreds plus!! I wish they would fly away, fly away home!! They
bite also! Happy Sewing!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 AM

Lol! I cleaned mine up before my little grandkids came the week after Christmas, (knew I wouldn't be sewing that week!) Now, the floor is covered in "snipits" again! You know, those tiny corners you clip in half squares, etc? Ahhhh the joys....
Old 01-07-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by martyquilter
Haha.. that is exactly what I have been working on... on the down side it helped me to see all the UFO's that I have.....yikes.... but I did find that I don't need to buy machine needles, hand needles, scissors, rotary cutters and a few other things that I seem to have SEVERAL of them now that I have orgainized everything!!!
Good for you! I got tired of never being able to find things I KNEW I had (seam rippers, needle, scissors, etc.) I put all of that type of thing in two plastic boxes. Still have to look for things occasionally, but it is a whole lot better. My family still teases me about lost things though LOL!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by judykay
Whenever I clean up my mess I can never remember where I put what. I do like working in a neat area but only if I can remember where I put things.
Boy Do I hear you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM

You can't have the Bermuda Triangle - it's here.