why does this happen?

Old 06-15-2015, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
use google chrome. The only thing MSIE is good for is downloading google chrome
Always use Google Chrome.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:43 AM

I always knew my computer has gremlins and now I see their relatives are alive and well everywhere. lol.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:15 PM

The same here. Asked my son and he showed me to look at the bottom right screen . Just before the volume control you see what looks like 4 squares. That is called windows 10. He said the company is coming out with this but instead of all at once they are doing it little by little and screwing up many peoples pc including his. He said they may have to rethink what they are doing as by now they are aware of what is happening to people.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Switch to a Mac!! ;o)
Every time I read one of these, I thank God that I am dork enough to have chosen an imac for my first computer....hint....hint....hint....lol!
Old 06-20-2015, 07:43 PM

Laptops are like Mother Nature. They do what they want. Have you checked for a virus?
Old 06-21-2015, 04:45 AM

Yes, checked for a virus.
Seems like it's just haunted!!LOL.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:38 AM

The super sensitive touch pad is a problem I have with my laptops. I never use the touch pad but I rest my wrists on either side of it because the desk top is much higher than the height of my elbows when I sit. Over time that has pressed the touchpad down a little and made it click when I was nowhere near touching it. All I do is roll my wrist the wrong way and something clicks on the touchpad. And most of the time that phantom click closes the tab I was on. No fun.

I have no idea how you got drawings saved onto the desktop wallpaper from your pen and paper doodle though. That is a new one to me. Or do you have a touch MONITOR as well and never knew? Which does not help much either but may explain why the two touchpads 'talk' to one another.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
The super sensitive touch pad is a problem I have with my laptops. I never use the touch pad but I rest my wrists on either side of it because the desk top is much higher than the height of my elbows when I sit. Over time that has pressed the touchpad down a little and made it click when I was nowhere near touching it. All I do is roll my wrist the wrong way and something clicks on the touchpad. And most of the time that phantom click closes the tab I was on. No fun.

I have no idea how you got drawings saved onto the desktop wallpaper from your pen and paper doodle though. That is a new one to me. Or do you have a touch MONITOR as well and never knew? Which does not help much either but may explain why the two touchpads 'talk' to one another.
That's it exactly. It's like a phantom click. I find that sometimes just with my hand hovering near the touch pad, the phantom click happens.
No touch monitor but they did seem to 'talk' to one another.
Spooky!