Why Movies Cost So Much

Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I wait til they come out on DVD now and rent them....once in a while we go to the outdoor too, but I usually just fall asleep, its so LATE!
If it's after dark, it's TOO late for me :lol: :lol: :oops:
Old 08-17-2010, 05:46 PM

Those salaries are obscene. And how much do teachers typically make in this country? Thery're the ones making an impact on our kids! Now you got me started!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:16 PM

Not to me they aren't. Haven't been to the movies in years.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
We're supposed to go to the movies tomorrow night. To a double feature at the DRIVE-IN. Yes, I said Drive-In. For all you youngsters out there that don't know what that is, it's an open air movie theater. You sit in your car to watch the show. It's only $6.00 a person. We're going early, having a picnic, then watching the movies--Toy Story 3 and Marmaduke. Okay so it's not grown up stuff but most of the grown up stuff is too old for me. LOL I don't like sex, swearing, nakedness, etc. thrown at my eyeballs.

Most of the time we wait until they come out on DVD. This will be the first movie I've seen in years without being in a nightgown.

We have a Drive In just up the road. It only costs $10 per carload. There is a grassy area below the screen the kids can play on, bring a cooler, some chairs, bug spray and have a great time.

And to answer the original question. No, they are not worth it. I think it is a shame our firefighters, police, and school teachers get so little while entertainers are so well paid.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
We're supposed to go to the movies tomorrow night. To a double feature at the DRIVE-IN. Yes, I said Drive-In. For all you youngsters out there that don't know what that is, it's an open air movie theater. You sit in your car to watch the show. It's only $6.00 a person. We're going early, having a picnic, then watching the movies--Toy Story 3 and Marmaduke. Okay so it's not grown up stuff but most of the grown up stuff is too old for me. LOL I don't like sex, swearing, nakedness, etc. thrown at my eyeballs.

Most of the time we wait until they come out on DVD. This will be the first movie I've seen in years without being in a nightgown.
Yes!!!! We do a drive-in in upstate. Unadilla N.Y. My kids are grown 20 and 16 and still love going! We've been doing it for 10 years now. And $ 6.00 a person too. We don't have drive ins here on long island anymore. I grew up with them here and it's sad kids now a days don't know what they are. We bring kids friends with us and they love it!

Went this past weekend and saw Expendables with Selvester Stallone. Mickey Rorke, Arnold Swartzanegger and a few others.

My point is face lifts and botox. They must have good surgeons except Mickey. They didn't do a good job. lol

Was a good movie!!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
Those salaries are obscene. And how much do teachers typically make in this country? Thery're the ones making an impact on our kids! Now you got me started!
Teachers salaries here on Long island are obscene! This is why our taxes are through the roof!!! And so many people have to move because the can't afford to pay!! You got me started!!! lol!!