Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
William and Kate First Child >

William and Kate First Child

William and Kate First Child

Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by SuzanneG
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Can we let them be married a few more than 24 hours before putting the pressure on to have babies?
First of all, I don't think anything we speculate about on our little forum will put pressure on the royal couple to have babies or anything else! LOL

But seriously, I think Bonnie was just trying to get some good-natured responses to a question on many, many people's minds. It's just all in good fun. My thoughts are that they will procreate within two years. :D :D
Thank You, I was just curious since they are both going to be in there 30's soon and have been together for 9-10 years. I thought I had heard the the reason they waited to be married was that once they were married it was expected for them to start a family very soon.
Gosh there were bookies who were wagering bets on the 'kiss' how long it would be....
Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 AM

I don't think she will return to work as such but will have royal duties. Also I think she will have a baby at the end of year. Her child is heir to the throne.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:44 AM

Chief domestic goddess will be her job until Mom title arrives. Could be sooner rather than later...just my two cents.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:01 AM

When they are ready.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:21 AM

They (the Brits) are probably placing odds on this issue now. And any future issue of this marriage.
I say June/July in 2012. Not to upstage the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:21 AM

I understand from tv that the bookies are already taking bets on when the royal baby will be born.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:55 AM

Of course people are thinking about it. It's the general progression of things, isn't it? Dating, marriage, babies... in real life it kind of gets jumbled, but for royalty, it just about always goes in that order. One of the key duties is to produces heirs, so I can definitely understand the question and the interest. And they have been together for a decade! it's not like Kate will have the worries that regular moms do - how are we going to pay our bills while I'm on maternity leave, how can I get back into the work force, who will help me watch the baby so I can get some chores and errands done, how are we going to afford the medical bills, will we ever get to go on dates or vacation again? Kate will have so much support, so if she is bitter about having kids right now, I sure as heck won't understand why. In fact, kate's status will only improve after giving birth to heirs.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 AM

I think they will wait until after he is out of the AirForce. (approx 2 yrs.)
Originally Posted by BMP
I was just wondering when everyone thinks that the couple will have their 1st child.
Also does Kate have a job she will return too or because of her royal marriage will be 'assigned' to just do royal duties ??
Old 05-01-2011, 11:08 AM

I think they will have a baby when god is ready for them to be parents. that be my guess. interesting post
Old 05-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
I'm betting right away...neither of them as as young as some starting out and I would think they would want some kids very soon.
She is in the "tick. tick.tick." stage of life, so I think any children would be sooner rather than later.