windows 10 ?

Old 01-22-2016, 10:47 AM

Default windows 10 ?

For those of you who have upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10: How do you like it and do you think it should be done? yeas or nays? Is is easier? I didn't like 8 when I got it, but got used to it. I have to be honest I guess and tell you that I did upgrade to 10 and then I couldn't get my printer to work so I went back to 8. Had to do 191 upgrades (was'nt happy with that); now i can't get videos to work and computer really slow.
chatted with geek squad and they said 10 can be reinstalled and they would help me with printer. Comments appreciated.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:06 AM

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop. After turning off several "privacy" invaders it seems fine. I too can't get Windows 10 to believe there is a printer in the room...lol even though it's right behind the laptop. I haven't worried about it though I rarely print from the laptop.

Check to see if more than one anti virus program is running.

I have noticed a long page load time browsing the internet. But that could be my cable internet provider. We get speeds up to or near 50 Mbps, but if something is bogging the system down the speed drops. I found that out last year when my PC (desktop) went in for a check up. I had AVAST but Windows Defender wouldn't shut off so my computer was really slow. The tech uninstalled Defender and I uninstalled Avast and now use Kaspersky. My PC (desktop) runs great now.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:52 PM

thank you for response. i too have kaspersky.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:05 PM

I'm downloading Kaspersky right now and hope it is a real improvement for me, too! Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I upgraded to Windows 10 on my laptop. After turning off several "privacy" invaders it seems fine. I too can't get Windows 10 to believe there is a printer in the room...lol even though it's right behind the laptop. I haven't worried about it though I rarely print from the laptop.

Check to see if more than one anti virus program is running.

I have noticed a long page load time browsing the internet. But that could be my cable internet provider. We get speeds up to or near 50 Mbps, but if something is bogging the system down the speed drops. I found that out last year when my PC (desktop) went in for a check up. I had AVAST but Windows Defender wouldn't shut off so my computer was really slow. The tech uninstalled Defender and I uninstalled Avast and now use Kaspersky. My PC (desktop) runs great now.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:57 PM

I bought a new computer this fall and had a clean copy of Windows 10. No issues at all with it.

My computer guy said he tells all his customers (most the small t medium businesses in my town) o just use the built in Windows security. They have not had any problems. They do not like Norton at all.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:36 AM

I upgraded to Windows 10 and so far it's been fine. The only thing I had to do with it is download favorites to the task bar so that when I am scanning the internet, I can go from favorites to favorites without going back to the start page. Everything else works the same as far as I can tell. But I do wish there were no upgrades and that I could just keep the program I know how to use.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:16 AM

This is an interesting post. My MAC died....and I'm poor - so I'm back on a PC with windows 10. I can not figure it out! Tool bar?? I'm ready to throw the thing in the trash. Just getting my mail was a 2 hour event. I really don't have the patience to sit and listen to all tutorials this machine has come with......frustrated - but determined to figure it out, one issue at a time.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:23 AM

Hate windows 10.......nothing but troub I ever after upgrade.......
Old 01-23-2016, 06:24 AM

Hate windows 10.......nothing but trouble after upgrade.......
Old 01-23-2016, 06:37 AM

I wish I could figure out how to get rid of all the pop ups that I get with windows 10.