Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Windows 10 question...

Blog Entries
    You also have another place in Win 10 to opt not to share your information, just like you do if you buy a HP computer and probably others too. A lot of companies do that now, not to share but to analyze any problems you may have to help prevent them. It was the easiest software ever to install. It automatically picked up my browser settings from my other pc and so my favorites were picked up, loved that. I can use a pin # instead of having to sign onto my pc now. love that too.. The bottom line is that eventually we'll all have to upgrade. We are in the process of replacing all of the pc at the hospital with new ones because most of them have hard ware that is so outdated that it can't be upgraded from XP. We are going up Win 7. There isn't any immediate need to worry about it going out at this time. We'd know because we can't upgrade to anything until all of the vendors that we use for our different programs are on board. Right now, win 8 isn't even in the future. We'll probably skip that one. Which is ok by me.
    Judy

I upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out. Other than the facial recognition feature being slower, it has been an easy transition.

Windows 10 and a Windows 7 machine don't mix

I had nothing but trouble with Windows 10 when I downloaded it on my Dell machine with Windows 7 even though they said it would work. Things were blurry and icons had shadows. When I fixed that some of my programs didn't work. Couldn't open important files. Nothing but trouble and when that wasn't bad enough the machine froze. I decided to go back to Windows 7, an option that was given to me but when I did that I had mountains of trouble. Ended up rebooting and losing everything and started all over again but with Windows 7. Glad I had a backup disk to work with. So my advice is don't do it on an old machine.

Not sure if you do machine embroidery or not but I went from Windows 7 to 10 and then tried to put the Embroidery program on and it wiped out the computer. The tech told me 10 was not recommended for the embroidery program.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Blog Entries
    "Not sure if you do machine embroidery or not but I went from Windows 7 to 10 and then tried to put the Embroidery program on and it wiped out the computer. The tech told me 10 was not recommended for the embroidery program."

Gramquilter2, what embroidery program are you running? I use Designers Gallery and it seems to run fine on 10.
    I moved from 7 to 10 on 2 computers that are over 5 years old and have had no problems. I think it runs faster, especially when I am on the internet.

Blog Entries
    I do use my 5D Pro, floriani total control and Master works on my Win 10 and have had no problems at all. Mine were upgraded too, even picked up my very old printer with no problems. You can always have Win 10 to check your software and help you decide what operating system it is best to run it with and run it that way. Mine all like 10.
    Judy

cflykins, I use the Bernina Editor Program update. The tech guy told me Windows 10 would not work with it. Had problems putting it on Win7 but Bernina company did walk me through that but can't with 10.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Having used Windows 7 since 2009, I bought a HP laptop preinstalled with Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit, didn't bother to do the free upgrade because that computer that has Windows 7 originally came with Windows Vista, and the hardware is around six to seven years old now.

Windows 10 has new features like Microsoft Edge, and Windows Defender (Built-in antivirus and antispyware protection), and the action center shows alert of incoming emails so you don't need to open your email app to see new emails, you just click on a email in the action center, and the new emails will open.

The Start Menu is very easy to use, it makes accessing applications more convenient than Windows 7.

The snap feature looks cool.

Yes, I really like Windows 10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2