Winter in MN 2024

Old 02-20-2024, 05:45 AM

It's been an unusual winter in many places. Meteorologist says it's El Nino. In FL, it's been much cooler than usual and we've had a LOT of rain. That's ok, the rain was much needed.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:01 AM

It's been a very mild winter in New England, too, which to me is disappointing. I live in MA and we are forecast to have highs in mid-40s this week, and up to 57 next week. I like to ski in NH, and there has been less snow than I like, and worse still (for skiing) repeated rain storms. The storm brought a lot of snow to NYC last week was originally forecast to bring a lot of snow to a lot of MA, but that storm swung south so I got less than an inch where I live (compared to the initial forecast of 8"). Boo!
Old 02-20-2024, 11:34 PM

Very mild here in central Maine also. Very little snow on the ground in my yard, 30 miles south of me, no snow except plowed banks. Normally 3-4' right now. 😲 El nino gave us alot of rain last summer, and fall, way above average, record breaking and in December when we had a flood, the long term forecast the meteorologist were giving last fall predicted the same weather pattern here in Maine through the winter, which would have meant a lot of snow. I guess it balances out over a years time, now just got to wait and see what next summer brings for weather.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:38 PM

I’ll keep the warm sunshine and sand in my toes year round. I’ve never lived in cold winters so 50 degrees is cold enough for me. LOL!

Glad you are enjoying a mile winter.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:14 PM

March can be very snowy but it goes away quickly.