would like opinions

Old 11-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Yes, I think you made the right decision. Why have all that aggravation if you think you'll like the other job. Especially without losing any pay......

I use to work in an all female office. OMG, I hated it.....Finally quit after a job offer as an office mgr with all men....I was the only women.
I loved that job.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Have you had the chance to speak with your supervisor/boss? I would start there and find out if she believes any of the gossip. The hardest workers are the ones who get picked on all the time from the screw offs! That is where I would start if you do an interview and find you are peacefull and it feels right then make the move.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Absolutely! You will be happier I'm sure, and the other ladies will realize just WHO was doing all the work while they were gossiping!

Congrats!
Yep... Where I am there is one girl who tells ANYONE (whether they ask or not) that she is the ONLY person who does any work, and that she is irreplaceable.... she is the only one buying this, eventually she is gonna get it good---and I can't say I will be sad, because the drama will be done with already....

Go, be the most senior person and if you need assistants at some point, you will know at least 3 people to tell the boss to avoid!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:57 AM

Good morning all. I would like to start by saying thanks for all the support. This has been a tough decision. I wanted to make sure I followed the Lords leading. I had decided that if I did not hear anything then it was not Gods will for this new position. Well I got a call yesterday. My former supervisor called me from Fl.(She is there for training). She ask if her boss had called me yet. I told her no. She then stated that she had spoken with him and that he is going to call very soon. She said then it was up to me if I wanted the job or not. After lots of discussion with my husband, I told her that I have decided to take the job. I thought she was going to break out in song over the phone. Now I just have to wait for the offical meeting with her boss. I ask her who else was to be interviewed. She said no one at this point the job is mine. There will be a lot of training and classes with this new position. I am so excited. This is going to make me even more marketable per her words. Plus this is starting a new office and a new adventure. It is very scary and exciting at the same time. It will also be a lot of hard work but that is okay with me. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I will keep you informed and let you know when all of this starts. PRAISE THE LORD!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:19 AM

So happy this is going in a positive direction for you.
What is it people say the rule is. Hire on MOnday and fire on Fridays? Something like that, so I am thinking you will
get a call from her boss on Monday.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:19 AM

I think I agree with you. My husband says that he will probably wait until the my former Sup. gets back into town. Wow, the suspense.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:40 AM

Well here is an update on the job position. My former Sup. boss is going to wait until she gets back into town.
I also went to the Women of Faith Conference this weekend. Would you know it that on the Friday session God gave me clear confirmation that I am doing the right thing by taking this job. I just say praise the LORD for his guidence and wisdom.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:28 AM

Okay all. Here is the final story in this decision. I have taken the job. I turned in my notice yesterday. My last day is 12-03-10. What a relief.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:31 AM

I would jump at the opportunity! If it's just you then you can prove yourself and not have them bad mouthing you! For peace of mind yes, if given the chance I'd flee!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 AM

Just read your update! Congratulations!! I hope everything works out wonderfully for you. :-)