Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!! >

Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!!

Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!!

Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
Okay, they are nocturnal in their hunting habits, I get that, but would someone please tell Buddy that jumping on the bed at 4:30 am with that lizard you were lucky enough to catch, that is still alive and kicking, is not acceptable!!!!

Even the dog is complaining since the last lizard crawled under her, while she was peacefully sleeping, to get away from the cat.

And I don't appreciate having to get up and take a squirming, obviously ticked off, lizard outside to somewhere safe.

And yes, this is a frequent occurrence. I guess I should be grateful it's only lizards???
Yes, definitely be grateful "it's only lizards"! My friend had a cat that brought a snake into their bed, and another time he brought a live rat! That'll get you up and jumping in a hurry!

I'm so glad that my cats only bring toys into our bed.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:10 AM

The cat loves you and is bringing you a present. LOL. Mine have learned to sleep at night and hunt during the day.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:50 AM

Have to laugh. We have cat doors and our cats would annouce (loud yewoul) when they came in with a find. We had two cats, one was a day hunter and the other a night hunter. One cat left and she is too old to hunt anymore. Once my mother stayed over to babysit, when she got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and slipped her feet into her slippers there was a mouse present in one of them. I'm also the cleaner upper.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by Lacelady
The first thing that comes to mind is why not shut the bedroom door?
Because if you shut the door, they we claw at the door, the door jamb until they either bored a hole in the door or you open it. Which ever comes first.
Ever tried to go to the bathroom and shut the door? They stick their paws under the door, body slam it, yowl at you. Buddy considers that primo petting time because obviously - you're not going anywhere!
Yes I have, Kola believes she should be everywhere and anywhere she thinks she should be.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:35 AM

i love your avatar.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:30 AM

Is it wrong that I am reading this topic all the while laughing and nodding?

I have 2 cats. I am not allowed to have any doors closed for any reason. I have a "guard" at the door while I shower. I am met promptly at the door with greetings and a demand for dinner. (sounding familiar to anyone?)

Mine would bring me stuff if I let them outside, but I live in the city so they are indoor babies.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:04 PM

Okay, so at least you all were not doing the bed dance. Now that would be......
Old 09-20-2010, 03:35 PM

I am glad my cats are inside felines! It is bad enough that they can get into a crawl space under a part of the house and they catch mice and voles and gift me! I would like a pet door for my dog, but I am afraid the cats would learn to use it and I don't want more gifts. I DO NOT walk barefoot in my house!

My sister's cat brings half live creatures in to her in the middle of the night! Not for me, Thank you very much! She comes home from work at times to find a bird in the house! Now how did that get in here? Hmmmm.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:25 PM

The last cat I had was the boss .At night he would take the big couch all to herself and relegate the doberman on a lounge chair. When my husband was coming back from the hospital after a chimiotherapy treatment she would sit for hours next to him and bring him back mice; If I went in the garden, she would walk with me
My granddaugther has a cat and she opened a Facebook page for him. It is hilarious to read. Maybe they should send one the other E-mail. LOL
Old 09-20-2010, 05:13 PM

EEEKKK.... that's why we have our kitty door locked on out only. The kittys know when they go out to do their business or catch something, they won't be coming back in until we have checked them for "hitchhikers". Needless to say, this was after a mouse came in with one of them and got loose and it took 2 days to evict it..... ;-) Mary