Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would you get a quilt tattoo? >

Would you get a quilt tattoo?

Would you get a quilt tattoo?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
Originally Posted by kalady
I have never ever ever seen a tattoo that looks like it is good art. That sewing machine looks awful to me. Imho tattoos are always uglier as they age and blur. Ick
EVERYTHING on the human body sags and bags as it ages!!!!
EXACTLY so why direct everyone's attention to it with extra color so the grandkids will definately see it and ask why granny's wrinkles are pink and blue? :lol:
Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny
Just think of all the girls now who get "tramp stamps" on their lower backs. In 30 years more or less they will be old ladies with sagging tramp stamps!!!
I used to be a cop and the guys were very polite, open and honest with me. They said men may SAY they like tatoos on single women becuase they figure they might be "easy" but went on to say that no upright, self respecting man really wants a wife with a tatoo, because then other men will think that about her. The tramp stamps in the center of the lower back are put there to show off when women wear too short pants/shorts. The guys laugh, admitting they are there to "advertise" that part of the body.Yes, double standard..but such is life.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Johanna Fritz
Originally Posted by drgranny
Just think of all the girls now who get "tramp stamps" on their lower backs. In 30 years more or less they will be old ladies with sagging tramp stamps!!!
I used to be a cop and the guys were very polite, open and honest with me. They said men may SAY they like tatoos on single women becuase they figure they might be "easy" but went on to say that no upright, self respecting man really wants a wife with a tatoo, because then other men will think that about her. The tramp stamps in the center of the lower back are put there to show off when women wear too short pants/shorts. The guys laugh, admitting they are there to "advertise" that part of the body.Yes, double standard..but such is life.
Hubby actually encouraged me to get my "tramp stamp" - and for the most part he's the only one who sees it. It was a couple years before my parents noticed - and that was because my shirt had ridden up while I was helping one of the kids tie their shoes.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Originally Posted by thrums
At one time in the 70's I wanted a hummingbird on my big toe. Don't ask me why.... I didn't get it done.
I have a ladybug on my big toe. Tats on your toes fade sooooo quickly because the skin is renewing faster on toes and fingers than everywhere else. It's so faded now (12 years later) that you can barely even see it.
Whew! I'm glad then I didn't do it. lol
Old 08-11-2011, 02:18 PM

I'm a big chicken, so I would have to opt out!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I think I would. I might get this one if I can be bothered one of these days. lol
God and life has scarred me enough! Why in the heck would I allow myself to disfigure me any further? When my life is finished I want St .Peter to know that it is me that is knocking at the pearly gates. I don't want to be mistaken for a cartoon character.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by DesiG
You just need to be careful where you put them... not in a place that distorts with the effects of long term gravity :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When i was a wild and crazy "Harley Mama" many many moons ago I almost got one. I wanted a rose on the left side of my chest (higher though) I was on my way to the shop to get it; riding my bike of course and thinking about it. All of a sudden it dawned on me!! "What happens when you are old and the kids and grandkids have to take care of you? Do you really want them seeing a "long" stemmed rose? What would they think?" :oops: So I chickened out!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Absolutely not.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Once you reach a certain age you shouldn't care what wrinkled, sagging skin looks like! Really, who cares? My husband has one arm sleeved and is working on the other arm. I have no tatoos but I do have several piercings. He's going to turn 60 and I'm 58. But we also love Indie music and go to a lot of concerts where we're definitely the oldest people there. We plan on staying young forever!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 PM

NO!