Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a crier?

I've always been a crier. It bothered me when I was younger but at some point you just accept it is who you are. My Aunt gave me this little quote a long time ago..."There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love. by Washington Irving

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver
    I do cry over sad things and tear jerker movies but mostly I cry when I am extremely mad. My family knows if they made me cry they better watch out.
    Me, too. But, it isn't a good thing at work...if you are the boss. :oops:

I have found the older I get the more emotional crying I seem to do. If I get mad I cry and you can see people running for their life.

I don't cry often enough. I think it would help if I let it out! The last time I cried was over 23 years ago after my divorce and I guess that used up most of my tears...LOL

Not anymore but the Speaker of the House cries all the time so I guess it's okay for you too.

Blog Entries
    I cry.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am a crier. When my son was at the Air Force Academy and we were there for parents weekend, we had a little time to use while waiting for our son to meet up with us. We were walking on the area where a lot of planes were and there were plaques on each model.... for some reason I cried the whole time. My husband never said a word. I was so overcome with emotion that I just simply cried. Today, I still tear up at all kinds of things... Military gets me really bad.

did you do anything to help the imbalance? my SIL has the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    it is a hormonal imbalance..I used to it all the time...now, not so much..though some days...movies really get me...

Crier? Who me? Oh..yes. Box of tissues by the computer.

I cry when I worship at church, when I think of my dad and mom, who are in heaven, when I think of my children and grandchildren, when I sing the national anthem and we honor those in the Armed Services, at sappy commercials and Andy Griffith shows. I'm just glad I feel so deeply!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EVERquilt
    Has nothing to do with hormones, mayb you might cry a little more if your hormones are imbalanced. Crying is a normal part of life, if you don't cry then something is wrong. Tears are pearls from the heart. Someone once told me that and I will never forget it!!
    WOW! What a gem!

I tend to cry over powerful images, whether in photos, movies or books. Secretariat's Belmont (go look it up on YouTube) will get me every.single.time. That was athletic perfection and a one-in-a-billion race. Even just thinking about it chokes me up. I cry about eight times through the course of Forrest Gump, especially when Jenny goes running across the Washington Monument reflecting pool during the Vietnam rally. There's a movie called Sweet Land that has one particular scene where a farmer is facing the loss of his farm. I actually had to stop the movie and get the cry out before I could continue.

When it comes to everyday life, however, I don't really cry that much. I'm most likely to cry when I'm frustrated, but I try really hard not to get to that point because I know I get unreasonable and snappish, and I don't like behaving that way towards people I love. I'm more likely to walk away and chill for a few minutes. Usually when I return to what I was doing (or discussing) I feel a lot better.

When I hurt myself (stubbed toe, smashed finger) I just swear a lot. ;)

I used to tell the kids I was washing my eyeballs.

I cry easily before that time of the month ... and also for sad reasons of course...

Blog Entries
    I cry privately at sad things in novels, movies, someones illness..etc...Ithink it comes with age LOL

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    Crying is good for the soul! Who doesn't feel better after a good cry and a short nap?
    Exactly!! :lol:

I cry over anything. Way too emotional. Do not like it.

Blog Entries
    I JUST SAW A BEAUTIFULLY INSPIRATIONAL VIDEO... ON U TUBE /WHY WOMEN CRY / IT IS A MUST SEE

Blog Entries
    I seldom cry, but do tear up sometimes while reading cards, watching movies, etc. As I get older with many more life experiences, I find I cry less often.

I'm a crier, too. And I don't try to hide it anymore. Nothing hormonal, just cry about nearly everything. It's a happy cry of course. I told my daughter she will understand one day.

I only became 'weepy' when the thyrotoxicosis was in control. Now it is diagnosed and treated I have more balanced reactions.

I do seem to tear up and weep a lot, but I don't know that's it's any more or less than the average bear. I don't try to hide it anymore either. The generation tried to teach me that a crying woman is a weak woman, but I don't believe them. Better to express than repress or I'd have all sorts of health problems :)

Blog Entries
    my dad use to tell me {forgive me} "you were born with your piss bags too close to your eyes" But I'm 54 now & the only thing that really makes me cry is my family. Going thru a tough time with one of them & when I sit & think about it I will cry. Or at a funeral, that's a given. I read earlier where someone cried during the Star Spangled Banner & I thought I was the only weird one on this! I get goose bumps like you wouldn't believe when I hear it! But I agree a good cry is cleansing some times. It hasn't worked in my situation that I'm in right now but it does release some kept up steam.

I wish I didn't, but I'm so emotional. Happy makes me cry. Sad makes me cry. And everything in between. Ds has a loose permanent tooth right now and I had to call dh to see if he could take him to the dentist since they have an opening when I work this week - I couldn't even say goodbye to dh because I was so choked up about it. And it will probably be fine - but because it is distressing my son, I'm sick about it. I get welled up so easily. I avoid animal movies because I know what will happen. Such a sap.

I never used to be, so I'll attribute it to "the change" too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast