Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Are you a crier?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheriver
    I do cry over sad things and tear jerker movies but mostly I cry when I am extremely mad. My family knows if they made me cry they better watch out.
    Me too!

I think it is beautiful that we are all so comfortable here on the board to be perfectly honest about out emotions and tears and it is so healthy. That is why I enjoy coming on, everyone is so kind and caring I just love to be on with everyone.

Thanks to all.

sandy14

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EVERquilt
    It does cleanse the soul, happy are those who cry!
    Then it looks as though I'm unhappy. I rarely ever cry. I often wish I could. I know I'd feel better. Couldn't even cry when my DH passed on. I am definitely not hard-hearted but I just can't cry. I keep my emotions all bottled up and I know that isn't good.

Blog Entries
    I'm a crier too. It's gotten much worse since DD was born.

I cry while watching the news, so many people in need.

I am a huge crier. I cry over everything. My dad was a very emotional man and it embarrassed him to no end. I think it's harder for fuys. My son burst into tears when he saw his wife to be in her wedding dress at the wedding. I was doing fine until he started and then look out. Yesterday when Diane posted about her DH drowning, I was bawling like a baby. Sometimes it annoys me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hannajo
    I sure am. I used to never cry in front of anyone. But I guess the older I get (I'm not so old yet.), I'm finding I'll cry at any old thing. And I'll cry over any old emotion, happy or sad. AND I LIKE IT!

Yesterday, I went to the card store and ended up crying while reading all the cards. An adolescent girl happened to walk down that isle and gave me a strange look. In my earlier days, it would have embarrassed me. But yesterday it struck me as really funny, which just made me cry even more.
    must be hormones
    i only cry once in a while. i had to toughen up for a few years to get through some stuff..
    i cry at watching movies..brians song..forest gump etc..and yes it feels good to get it all out. it is a release.

Blog Entries
    Most of my adult life I coiuldn't cry worked in a prision and had to appear tough. Later I was very depressed and cried if someone spoke to me took depression pills and learned to control my emotions than when I had triple by pass was told to be prepared for my emotions to run away with me. I thought I was too tough for that but I cant control my crying anymore. Somrtimes I cry for no reason at all, but mostly cry when I am very mad or tired sometimes I let a sad movie get to me. Usually I find crying very cleansing

Blog Entries
    I cry at anything Patriotic. And watch out if it is about a military person coming home and it shows the reunion with family (especially if children are involved) and I mean heaving sobs. My kids laugh at me.

Blog Entries
    I sure am a crier....God said in his word he bottles up our tears

Way too much !!! Commercials, any thing. Think I need to get my hormones in check !!

Blog Entries
    It is so nice to know.... I'm not alone!.... in this crying thing I do. Oh my sister does too! I guess we've always figured it was just a family thing we had in common! Apparently our "family" just expanded to everyone on this board that cries!

At most funerals I don't cry I sob. My face gets all red and puffy. I also cry at weddings. In order to not cry I find something to think about and don't listen to the words. I use to cry a lot but not so much any more. It could be life is better, not so much to cry about or I know crying won't make the problem better. I am pleased to say I didn't cry at my daughters wedding last year. She was already crying when she was getting dressed. I had to just stay away from her and not talk to her or both of us would have had major water works. I missed having a special time with her before the wedding but I had to do it.

Not usually, not even after "surgical menopause" when I was 36. It takes a LOT to get me to cry, and I'm more likely to cry from frustration than from sadness.

That said, there's one thing that'll push me over the edge every time: animals being mistreated. I can't even watch that ASPCA commercial with the "Arms of an Angel" song. Tearing up just thinking about it. :cry:

I have cried more in the past 12 months, since my brother died, than I have cried in the previous 50 years. I cry for his children who will never know (as adults) what a really good bloke he was.

I have always been a crier, big time. You can tell me a sad story, I will cry. You cry, I cry. I cry at movies, books, anything sad. I have found that if the story (or whatever) relates to something I have experienced, I don't cry, I sob.

Sometimes when I am frustrated or overwelmed, a good cry helps clear the air. I guess it is a release.

Blog Entries
    Many years ago I adopted my dear Aunt's philosophy, "Cryin' never helped fix a thing".

Blog Entries
    I am a lllooonnnngggg time cryer. I cried at Bambi when it first came out and I was just a kid. The family used to hate sitting behind me watching a movie on TV, because I would start to cry at anything. I learned to NOT read Reader's Digest at work because I would cry over some of the stories in it. I even cry at commercials. I even wake up at night crying in real life from a dream in which I was crying.

not so much. Michael Landon on Little House on the Prairie used to make me cry every week. I do cry once in a while but when I do it is usually a release.......

I cried at the movies watching Lion King with the kids when they were young.

nope. i've never been a cryer. if someone makes me mad enough to cry, it's ON! my family knows when to back off, other's soon learn.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4