Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Your Favorite Actor.  What Made You Like Him? >

Your Favorite Actor. What Made You Like Him?

Your Favorite Actor. What Made You Like Him?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 AM

Regarding Sam Elliot - did you see "Lifeguard" years ago??? he was soooo good in it - a PERFECT package with all the trimmings!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Oh no.............. not another one! I have too many favs but the sexiest of all time to me is Richard Gere. I even have his bad movies, like Breathless. That movie knocks my socks off- that's how sexy he is. What made me flip over him though was An Officer and a Gentleman- that guy just ooozes sexuality. AND he grew up right near me. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I didn't know it until he became a star.
But there are so many, Robert Duvall, DeNiro- Harrison Ford ooohhhh......... Robert Taylor, Robert Redford, on and on and on. Woody Harrelson was hot in Indecent Proposal, John Travolta oooooohhhhhhhh, Jimmy Stewart is someone I could watch all the time but not sexy, just plain wonderful :D
OH- Sam Shepard!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:58 AM

ah hmmmmmm, I forgot a few, Sam and JAMES GARNER oh my. gotta find a tissue.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:58 AM

I love westerns. John Wayne is the number one cowboy. Sam Elliot and Tom Selleck both are good cowboys, as well. Don't like Sam when he shaves his beard, though. Robert Duvall is a good cowboy. Lonesome Dove is my all time favorite western. I've seen it so many times, I could play any part because I know every word in it.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I love westerns. John Wayne is the number one cowboy. Sam Elliot and Tom Selleck both are good cowboys, as well. Don't like Sam when he shaves his beard, though. Robert Duvall is a good cowboy. Lonesome Dove is my all time favorite western. I've seen it so many times, I could play any part because I know every word in it.
Kathy, I can't believe you said that. So could I- best western of all time. And LOVED Tommy Lee Jones in it. Heck, they were all stellar!!! I read the book before the movie came out and it was done so well. What a fab story.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

I think James Garner should be a National Treasure :D
Old 07-05-2010, 10:10 AM

[quote=sueisallaboutquilts
Kathy, I can't believe you said that. So could I- best western of all time. And LOVED Tommy Lee Jones in it. Heck, they were all stellar!!! I read the book before the movie came out and it was done so well. What a fab story.[/quote]

I read the book first, too. To me, it was the best movie that followed the book exactly. Every star was perfect for every part. LOVE IT. Makes me want to get the DVD out and watch it again, right now.

Many years ago, when the video first came out, I couldn't wait to buy it. The movie house had to order it for me and it cost $79.00. That was a lot of money for a movie, then.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by luv-e
Sam Elliott====the voice, the voice ,the voice
Excuse me, I have to get my breathing under control.
OMG how in the world did I forget him???????????
I forgot my second; DEAN MARTIN!!! His singing and he is not bad on the eyes either lol lol
Lady's either I'm having a hot flash or this thread is getting too hottttttttttttttttttt :-) :-)
Old 07-05-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip
Originally Posted by Boston1954
Originally Posted by jackkip
Sean Connery....what a guy. I would love to be his bond girl :oops:
Yes, but what is it that made you start to like him?
\

He is just so damn good looking. He is a wonderful actor and so smooth........
And that accent! I think I'd kick my husband out to make room for Sean :-D :lol:
Old 07-05-2010, 10:18 AM

My husband and I often have this discussion about "sexyness" he'll list a bunch of "girls" he thinks are sexy, and I list mine, and never fails he says " I can't believe you think so and so is sexy", and I say something like he has the greatest eyes, ot the sexiest lips, or a voice that melts my blood. Then he just looks at me like I'm crazy, and says "whatever floats your boat." But I think my all time favorite has to be Jeff Goldbloom, especially in Independence Day, he has both sexy lips and eyes, and a very rich voice.