Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Your favorite online fabric stores >

Your favorite online fabric stores

Your favorite online fabric stores

Old 06-13-2017, 04:18 AM

Hancocks of Paducah, Fabric Inc, Connecting Threads.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:25 AM

I'd go and take a look at the Fab Shop Hop. They list out online stores (and you can win free stuff!). Since joining I have found a NUMBER of new online favorites. Lots with discounts monthly, too! Good luck
Old 06-13-2017, 06:10 AM

Thank you ladies for your suggestion. This will give her a start looking and finding out how expensive fabric is now.lol Sorry, Just a bit Crazy. but we are keeping the location secret. lol
Old 06-13-2017, 06:21 AM

I love fabric.com. I redid my house by the beach and found so many prints (at very reasonable prices) to go with my plan. Even more important, I was short one fabric and quickly reordered. And, in my haste, I ordered a slightly different shade - to many beachy aquas! They were great when I called them. They immediately sent the correct one and told me to return the wrong cut for a refund. I thanked them for the offer but, of course, kept the wrong cut for a future project! We never know when we would need it! I have also purchased cotton for quilts. I only get it on sale and usually just my focus fabric, but, always can find a unique print for a special quilt.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Faintly Artistic View Post
Repurposing other fabrics is cheaper (table cloths, shower curtains, etc) Otherwise, fabric.com or fabricdepot.com. you might also check EBAY and Etsy. Often you can find someone destashing. Here in the Phoenix area we have discount home Dec fabric places. Check your local listings.
I've used local discounted fabric outlets for home dec fabric in my last 2 houses. I bought drapery weight chintz for a few dollars a yard. I've also bought on sale fabrics from the now deceased Hancock fabrics and from Joann's fabrics and done well.

I guess it depends on what you want. I have never found that I could buy lined draperies for less than I could make them. I don't like pinch pleats so I don't worry about doing that. With buying discounted fabrics and linings I've been able to make floor to ceiling drapes for 2 different houses for a fraction of what I could buy them for. Curtains might be different. I dont' have curtains anymore, just blinds or shades.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:42 AM

I have always found Connecting Threads' fabric to be reasonably priced and very good quality.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:07 AM

Hobby Lobby has beautiful drapery fabrics at a good price. If you want the pleated look without the hard work you can buy a tape to sew on the back that has the holes for the hooks and when the hooks are inserted it makes the pleats for you without all the work.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
Hobby Lobby has beautiful drapery fabrics at a good price. If you want the pleated look without the hard work you can buy a tape to sew on the back that has the holes for the hooks and when the hooks are inserted it makes the pleats for you without all the work.
Good to know, Pat.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:56 PM

Thousands of Bolts, Whittle fabrics, both have excellent service and good prices.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:48 AM

Connecting Threads and MSQC