Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Back again!

Back again!

Hi all,

I wanted to say 'hello' to everyone again! I started homeschooling my son this fall and we've been doing some roadschooling (a.ka. RV travel) so I haven't been on the board in a while.

We are back in town for a few months and I'm hoping to do some quilting (especially Bonnie's Mystery)!

Glad to see you all again!
    Kristi

hi! Welcome back!!

Welcome back!
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Hi Kristi! It's great to see you return. Welcome back!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Power Poster
    Welcome back!

Blog Entries
    yes, welcome back.

I have a funny story about homeschooling. On July 9, 1980 we picked up the two kids, brother and sister, mixed race, that we were promised in a private adoption. They had been in trouble in school and pleaded with us to homeschool them. I was qualified to do so, but really thought they'd be better off in a more structured environment. But I said ok, I would, but the rule was that they had to get on the bus and attend the first day of classes to get the paperwork all straight.

But when they came home, they had decided to attend this new school and that they didn't need me to homeschool them. They did very well in this new school, which was in a different state. They won awards and excelled. They had us, and a much more stable environment than they had ever had. The school was ready and made them feel so welcome, they had new friends and I was happy for them.

Hi Kristi! I wondered what happened to you
    Glad you're joining us for the Mystery. It's my first BH.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back! I know how it is to miss the board for a length of time...and I do mean miss! Glad you're back...
    Life happens...and we react...

Blog Entries
    welcome back! so glad to see you again.
    dare to dream

Welcome back! I'm pretty new here, but welcome from Alberta, Canada.
    "Marriage should be a balanced stalemate between equal adversaries"
    Amelia Peabody Emerson

Blog Entries
    Welcome Back. Any quilting is fun quilting especially Bonnie's scrappy mystery.

Hello Kristi! I'm a more recent member just for the last two years or so. I used to be very active in on-line quilting around Y2K but then life sort of got in the way, and when I came back to the computer my old sites were mostly gone or changed to be unrecognizable and so I found Quilting Board.

I don't usually do mystery quilts but I had fabric and an opening in my schedule, so will also be doing the Bonnie Hunter this year. I think you said you were thinking about Christmas colors? Come join us on the outside of the box fabrics, we need company. I have a bag of home dyed fabrics and will be using those, substituting neutral for bright school bus yellow. Yowza, it's going to be bright.

Glad to have you back again, were you traveling anywhere in particular or with a theme in mind? When my son was little I was slipping in all sorts of education on trips so we would go see different types of caves for example, or I'd be pointing out how the trees were different species. And then of course there is just following nice weather... I'd like to do a little more of that than I currently do
    Quilters: Advanced tool using humans.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Kristi.

Hi! I am relatively new here but wanted to say I am a recently retired home school mom. We never did school in an RV but did do an international move! Both my kids are now graduated and are happily attending University. I am planning on doing the Bonnie Hunter quilt also but haven’t had a chance to purchase my fabric yet.