Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Been here for a while.... >
  • Been here for a while....

• Been here for a while....

Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 AM

Hi there. Glad to see that you have kitties. Quilting life is better with a furry friend to help. You need to read "Cats Who Quilt" by Judy Heim. It's a hilarious book for fun about cats who are dedicated to this profession (well, as long as they get their naps in too!). Welcome, and remember the rules - you gotta post your work now and then! Sara
    Old 03-18-2008, 07:28 AM

They built the bridge while we lived there. The day they let the first cars go over that bridge I broke my foot and was sent to Newport Naval Hospital to have it looked at so yes, I remember the ferry but never used it, used the bridge! Like you, I loved the area where we lived. We met an older man who was originally from Oregon but had married his wife who was from RI so they stayed in RI and lived between N.K. and Greenwich. Monte used to take us out in his 52 foot boat to fish for blue fish. We'd end up on Block Island for lunch. Great times. Speaking of RI, is the Nyanza store still in Warwick? Used to love going there! At the time we lived there I was into sewing but was young and busy so I didn't FULLY appreciate the fabric/textile mecca we were living so near. I wonder if they still have these mills everywhere like they used to?
    Old 03-18-2008, 08:32 AM

Nice to meet you Terri! You will love it here!
    Old 03-18-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
    They built the bridge while we lived there. The day they let the first cars go over that bridge I broke my foot and was sent to Newport Naval Hospital to have it looked at so yes, I remember the ferry but never used it, used the bridge! Like you, I loved the area where we lived. We met an older man who was originally from Oregon but had married his wife who was from RI so they stayed in RI and lived between N.K. and Greenwich. Monte used to take us out in his 52 foot boat to fish for blue fish. We'd end up on Block Island for lunch. Great times. Speaking of RI, is the Nyanza store still in Warwick? Used to love going there! At the time we lived there I was into sewing but was young and busy so I didn't FULLY appreciate the fabric/textile mecca we were living so near. I wonder if they still have these mills everywhere like they used to?
    None of the fabric or little tailoring shops are there anymore. My FAVORITE store there was Octopus Garden. Neat little store, had some cool things.
    It's all built up with touristy stuff now. Everything has changed. Hate it!!