Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! >

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

Old 05-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Oklahoma with a Massachusetts accent. So happy you could be here. There is always room for one more quilter.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM

Hello! Sorry for the delayed response. We were out of town at our property where we go for fishing, relaxing and getting away.

Both my husband and I are from western PA. I was raised in Cochranton and my husband is from Guys Mills - both are close to Meadville. We did see some of your part of the state on our honeymoon - in Hershey!

It is good to be part of this quilting board!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:20 PM

Thank you and thanks for the welcome. I will try to post some larger pictures soon - when I figure out what I am doing. Actually, this quilt was done as a 'baby quilt' for a friend of a co-worker who asked if I would make a baby quilt. I saw a pattern for a cute baby quilt with whimsical bugs, but the person commissioning the quilt wanted bugs/flowers that were true to nature. The quilt ended up double size and needless to say, was a lesson in learning not to say YES, I can do that, until more information is provided! The quilt was done from patterns in a book by Carol Armstrong - I think that was the quilt author. It has been awhile since I did the quilt!

Rusty's Mama!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 PM

Hello! Sorry for the delayed respone - I registered for the quilting board then we went out of town and have just returned today! Yes, I am in ea WA - in Otis Orchards. My best friend is from Ritzville! Small world.

Our son that died lived in W Richland so I spend a year and half going between Spokane and the TriCities to be with him and his family.

I see you are a dog lover! Pets are so wonderful! Thanks for your kind words - Rusty is beautiful, but he sure is a handful right now! I read in a dog book that large dogs can take 1 - 4 years to mature!

Look forward to 'talking' with you more!

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:32 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. I am excited to be part of this quilting board and look forward to new friends through a shared passion!

I registered on the 7th and we left to go out of town on the 8th - thus the delay in responding to your welcomes! I was so looking forward to coming home to check the website and it has been a pleasure to hear from all of you.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:28 AM

We are glad you are here with us, welcome from MI! And I'm so sorry about your loss ((((hugs)))).
Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Welcome from Roscoe, IL. So sorry about your son.
Thank you. Everyone has been so nice! I love this board and the quilting hints are wonderful.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!! I'm so sorry on the loss of your son, and yes quilting is such a good therapy!!
Thanks for the kind words. I am learning my way around the board slowly. 'Meeting' other quilters through this site and sharing stories, etc is a great connection.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!! I'm so sorry on the loss of your son, and yes quilting is such a good therapy!!
It is so good to read messages from everyone. Thanks for the kind words regarding our son. I have been in therapy most of the afternoon - the quilt room - working on a charity quilt for our guild! Quilting does help. Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
Hello and welcome from Ontario. I am very sorry for the loss of your son, there is alot of healing that takes place here, hopefully you will find some too.
Thank you. This board is unbelievable. I thoroughly enjoy reading the comments; the quilting hints are great, and the photos are like attending a quilt show. Thanks for the kind words regarding the loss of our son. It is good to be here!