Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Ireland >

Hello from Ireland

Hello from Ireland

Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 AM

Welcome to the site. I love seeing all the beautiful quilts everyone is doing. I am new to quilting and enjoying every minute of it. In fact I'm getting ready to head for the sewing machine now!!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:59 AM

Welcome from Pine Grove, CA.

Your son sounds very normal. My son at that age spent most of his time laying on the couch eating burritos. He outgrew it, lost weight and got in shape when he went away to college.

Tell your husband he is lucky. I'm like you with piles everywhere except that my quilting area is now the living room. At least he doesn't have to look at your "mess" all the time.

(this is what happens when kids grow up, I guess.......)
Old 02-21-2010, 10:49 AM

WELCOME FROM MISSOURI I THINK IT IS SO COOL TO MEET AND VISIT WITH PEOPLE FROM ABROAD. I KNOW YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOARD THE PEOPLE HERE ARE WONDERFUL AND VERY HELPFUL ALSO FRIENDLY BUT I THINK ALL QUILTERS ARE.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Oklahoma with a Massachusetts accent. So happy you could be here. There is always room for one more quilter.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Hi, Welcome from South Texas!!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 PM

My youngest son is also the disposal. He eats all the time and of course is skinny. When he was little I would beg him to eat. Now I beg him to please slow down!! He is a college student but commutes so I'm still trying to fill him up!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:05 PM

Thank-you so much for the information. We were told the weather during April si in the lower 50s and to bring water proof shoes. Do you have any recommendations for the type of clothing we should bring? I hear your country is beautiful and the people are some of the friendliest ones on earth. I am really looking forward to the trip. Thanks again and take care.
ruby
Old 03-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by lizzyquilting
Hi, as the title says, I live in Ireland.

I've been quilting since 1997, and love to try all crafts. I like to paint sometimes too. My children age from 28 to 14, the youngest is my only boy and has changed into a grunting, grumpy, food devourer! Anyone else experience this?

I'm dreadfully messy and disorganised, but when my husband complains about the mess in my studio, I just tell him "you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs." :thumbup:

Hope to spend some quality time browsing this forum, and maybe make a few friends.
Peace in quilting,
Lizzyquilting xx
dear i wish you could see my sewing room right now it is truely a mess an i have to take two thirds of it out an put a new floor down in there.because the floor is going to pieces for me.got to do same thing in my bed room to.had water leaks an floores were just partical board an it buckledso easiely.thats the reason
i have to replace the floors.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 PM

My 20-yo daughter just returned to the U.S. after spending a semester abroad in Dublin, and I was lucky enough to be able to visit her there. I loved it! The weather was a little rough, as you say, especially for us California girls, but the charm, the people, the pubs and the scenery more than made up for it!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Power Poster

Hi, Lizzy, just found you again - I lost you for a while, and wondered where you had got to. So Sligo has a reputation for quilts??? I know our raffled quilt we made a couple of years ago got some good press, but that was because of the generosity of all the local people who bought tickets so that we were able to raise €24,264, which we were thrilled about.

We do manage a small exhibition most years, but that is about it really, though we try hard.