Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello, from Kansas >

Hello, from Kansas

Hello, from Kansas

Old 08-10-2008, 02:26 PM

hi jstitch, I just met you in chat but didn't realize you were from Kansas. I went to the quilt shop hop down there in March of 07 and haven't stopped yet... I really loved it. What part of Kansas are you from.
I understand what you mean by needing to be near friendly people now I'm in the same boat, I think we may have found a great place.
Muriel aka AkAngel
Old 08-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Welcome from Iowa!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Welcome to the board! Sounds like we are lucky you found us! Can't wait to see some pics of your quilts and see/hear what all you are working with at the show. Sounds like loads of fun! We're glad you are here!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by jstitch
Well, lets start looking for a date.

I am pretty busy until after the Maple Leaf Festival (October 18, 19)

If you are interested in coming up for that weekend and helping with the quilt show, lets get together on the details. Im not sure how the board works exactly, but you can send me an email... can you get to that info?

In the mean time, we can start thinking about dates for a Quilting Board weekend.... what looks good to you.

We could do it the first or second weekend in Nov....after that the holidays start getting in the way.

What do you think?
Can I move to KS to do this too??!! Welcome from MN - I have family in both Wichita and Colwich adn would love to visit them and meet you at the same time! Welcome to the site - so saddened by your loss with the quilts :cry: and am so glad that you have found us here!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
Originally Posted by jstitch
Well, lets start looking for a date.

I am pretty busy until after the Maple Leaf Festival (October 18, 19)

If you are interested in coming up for that weekend and helping with the quilt show, lets get together on the details. Im not sure how the board works exactly, but you can send me an email... can you get to that info?

In the mean time, we can start thinking about dates for a Quilting Board weekend.... what looks good to you.

We could do it the first or second weekend in Nov....after that the holidays start getting in the way.

What do you think?
Can I move to KS to do this too??!! Welcome from MN - I have family in both Wichita and Colwich adn would love to visit them and meet you at the same time! Welcome to the site - so saddened by your loss with the quilts :cry: and am so glad that you have found us here!
Of course, you can come...Just let me know when you are making another trip this way.

We have about 10 quilt shops within 15 -20 miles of my house and tons in KC, so bring your CC..lol

Ill think about this a little a post an invite under a seperate cover for any who would like to come for a mini retreat...
I can accomodate 6, unless you want to bring your own sleeping bag...LOL
Old 08-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Patty44
Does that incluled Missouri girls too?
Of course it does, Pat...