Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Texas >

Hello from Texas

Hello from Texas

Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 AM

Hi, my name is Pam. My best friend showed me how to quilt and has created a monster. In a year's time, I now have a sewing/quilting room that is off-limits to everyone, shelves of fabric and thousands of templates. I eat and breathe this stuff. This is definitely the best hobby I have ever found. I love trying new ideas and reading about hints. I will try anything once.

I live in Texas with my husband of 20 years and my 200 pound neo mastiff. I have 2 grown kids and 3 grand-daughters (which are now starting to sew).

Would love to talk to others about trying new styles of quilting and giving info on old standbys.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:15 AM

welcome Pam, I'm also in Texas. You'll have a good time here and get lots of good tips and suggestions. We'd love to see some pictures of your work.
kathy
Old 03-08-2007, 09:17 AM

I'm in the process of getting some pictures together now, will post them when I have them done. I'm in north texas, I see you're from s texas. how's the weather there, it's 75 degrees here today.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:25 PM

Wow, two Texas gals! I am so glad to meet you Pam. Do both of you wear the cowgirl hats? I'm NOT laughing at you, I'm looking at mine sittin' atop my file cabinet. I love quilting too, please do share the pics. We're fans of sharing here.

Kathy, are you planning to come to the NC quilt show? You'll love sharing a room with us, right?

Sharon :wink:
Old 03-09-2007, 04:14 AM

Sharon, thanks for the invite but that's a tad far from my comfort zone. I haven't been 100 miles from my house in I just don't know how many years. And no I do not wear a cowboy hat ( I raise chickens not cows) don't need a hat but you sure gotta watch where you step. LOL
kathy
Old 03-09-2007, 07:08 AM

well, actually we are horse people. my husband is a team roper. i only ride when he needs help gathering cattle, don't bounce from a fall as good as i used to. ha.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:38 AM

yeah, i quit bouncing a long time ago, probably couldn't get up there to bounce any more. I fell about 16 ft from a tree when i was 21, that's when i found out that i had no bounce. lol the fall wasn't bad but the landing nearly killed me! now i keep my feet firmly on the ground, if i fall it'll be out of my chair.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:49 AM

aww, Kathy, it's not that far to come here. hop, skip, and a jump. Maybe a lonnnnnnnnng jump, but you can do it if you're brave enough to climb trees!

Well, I have this thing about about sun with some of the meds I take, so hats are a thing of my daily life if I'm outside. sigh

Sharon
Old 06-08-2007, 06:50 PM

[b]May a 3rd Texan join you? Actually, I'm an Okie but have resided in Texas longer than I did in Oklahoma. I've been quilting (off and on) since I was a young teen and would go to "club" with my mother. The neighborhood ladies would gather once a month at the home of one of the members. The day would be spent quilting for the hostess. A pot-luck dinner would be served.

My mother taught me basics of quilting, but she only knew a few basic patterns I learned more by reading quilting magazines. Then, there came PCs, and I not only have learned new techniques but have made new friends.

I live in south central Texas near San Antonio. Married to the same man for 52 years. We have 2 grown children, 5 grandchildren, and a cat. Neither of our children live nearby, but our son still lives in Texas.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 PM

The sun had ris and the sun had set, there I was in Texas,yet on I traveled to the west where I now reside and like it best. Oregon, in the far north edge is where I hang my quilts from the hedge. Glad you joined us here. We have lots of fun. :mrgreen: