Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Scotland! >

Hi from Scotland!

Hi from Scotland!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:53 PM

Welcome from Missouri USA glad to have you, there are a lot of wonderful people on this site, i love it
Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Hello, and welcome from Missouri!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Welcome aborad Mishi, so glad u joined i'm sure u will love it here they are the most Caring and Helpful folks here
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 AM

Thanks very much for the kind welcomes, everyone!

I've never actually been to Aberdeen before - I live in the central belt area (near to Edinburgh and Glasgow). Aberdeen's a couple of hours drive away, so it's not too far :). I'd like to try a swap sometime - they sound interesting. I think I'll try to get some practice before I start signing up though!

I've just had a friend very kindly offer to lend me their sewing machine for a little while until I get my own, so I have something to learn and practice machine piecing on. Think I'll be taking a trip to the LQS this weekend to pick up some rotary cutting equipment! :)
Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Banned

Welcome from Texas!

My dog's first mommy lives in Scotland. The dog's name is Guinness!! LOL I got her when they moved over there. Scotland is one of the places that I most want to visit.

This is a great group, and you're going to love it here. Be sure and post photos of your quilt.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mishi
I've just had a friend very kindly offer to lend me their sewing machine for a little while until I get my own, so I have something to learn and practice machine piecing on. Think I'll be taking a trip to the LQS this weekend to pick up some rotary cutting equipment! :)
Welcome aboard, Mishi, from New Hampshire, USA. Fortune smiled and I was able to visit Scotland a few years back. Beautiful country!! And some of the nicest people I've ever met.

Just wanted to point out that there's a Search feature that you can use to look up information from various threads. In fact, in response to a newbie's question, there was a recent thread on rotary cutters, self-healing mats, rulers, and scissors you might want to check out before shopping. There's also more than one post on quilting acronyms; very valuable!

Best of luck! Don't get discouraged; remember that quilting is supposed to be FUN! Best of all, you don't need a fancy machine, just one that can sew in a straight line will get most things done!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Banned

Hello & Welcome :-D
Old 01-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Welcome from Central Wisconsin. You will love all the things you can learn from this board.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by QBeth
Just wanted to point out that there's a Search feature that you can use to look up information from various threads. In fact, in response to a newbie's question, there was a recent thread on rotary cutters, self-healing mats, rulers, and scissors you might want to check out before shopping. There's also more than one post on quilting acronyms; very valuable!
I'll certainly look that up before I go! I think I'm going to be looking to get a 18x24 mat and a 6x24 ruler - it seems like if you're going to get one of each to start with, then those are the best sizes.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip here! :)
Old 01-21-2010, 12:09 AM

Hi Mishi, from England!

I'm 27 and live in Shropshire. I've visited Scotland a couple of times and really enjoyed it :-)

I've got a 6x24 ruler and 18x24 mat which are very useful for cutting up any size of fabric on. I also have a 12x18 mat and 12x6 rules that I use a lot too.

This board is full of great advice, so if you're not sure about anything just ask. I join in on a few of the swaps and although I generally have to plan to finish things a little before the deadline to allow for posting its never been a problem.

Sarah