Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
How much do I spend for embroidery machine >

How much do I spend for embroidery machine

How much do I spend for embroidery machine

Old 12-12-2010, 08:02 AM

Sash, I just decided on a Janome 350e and I ordered it. I'm so excited to get it in about a week. What kind of table do you put it on? Do you use a sewing table or do you use an ordinary table?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 AM

Welcome from se TX
Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Love your quilt. I have a Viking Diamond and love it. I have had Vikings since the 60's. I also have a Bernina 730 but like the Diamond for embroidery and the Bernina for sewing. I believe you should buy the best you can afford and always buy from a loval reliable dealer so you will have the classes and service.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ireland. Your quilt is beautiful.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma. I have two embroidery machines, the Janome MB4 (4 needles) and the 350E. I love them both. I use the 350E the most. I wanted embroidery only machines as I knew that I would not like changing them back and forth from reg. sewing to embroidery. I would highly recommend the 350E for every day use and the MB4 for heavier fabrics and large towels. I have also used both machines to quilt some of my quilts.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:01 PM

Welcome from northern Alabama. Wow love your quilt. I am so envious.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:23 PM

Lovely quilt.

You will be happy with the 350E, I am sure. I have been embroidering for 15years and have had great satisfaction with a Janome MC9000 and then the Janome MC10000. I still have the MC10000 and have added the Brother PR620 six needle embroidery only machine and this year added the Brother Innovis 600D_ Quattro. I love them al.

All these machines are very user friendly and reliable, I have had no problems whatever.

My motto has always been to buy the best machine you can afford and if you can afford a top of the range then you have no where else to go.

I could not recommend the Phaff or Husqvarna as they are much harder to use and I have friends who have them and never mastered them. Also two I know have the diamiond and had no end of problems with it.

The 350E is a good machine and you may soon out grow it as it does have limitations compared with the Janone 11000.

Good luck with your machine. The machine embroidery hole is a large one to fall into. I know I have been there for a long time.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:34 PM

Beautiful Quilt! The best way to decide is to test them. Go to a Quilt or Sewing Expo, usually many brands are there and you can check them all out at one place, plus they usually have "special" prices at the shows too. I have 2 Vikings, the Designer 1 and the Designer SE, which were both before the Diamond. They both embroidery. I use the Designer 1 to embroidery and the SE for sewing most of the time, but also do embroidery with it. I love them both. Viking has more than just the Diamond that does embroidery. I know they are pretty pricy but they are fun and the possibilities for quilting are awesome. Good luck making your choice.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:04 PM

Been reading for quite a while, so now I will jump in. I belong to a guild with lots of embroidery machine users and every one has been able to get lessons with their machines. I have two Viking embroidery machines. The early models and I work them both to death. The trick with any of the machines is to have them serviced yearly and take advantage of any lessons that are given. The last machine I bought was $500.00 and it was obvious that they person who owned it was afraid of it and had not used it. Find a sewing machine dealer that you like and have good discussions with and go from there. They are your main communication with these computerized machines.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:14 PM

I have the Designer SE LE and paid $4200 used for it. You can hook it up to your computer or use a flash drive on it. I am really enjoying it. I think the main difference is that the Diamond has 1 hoop that is bigger that the SE can use.