Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
How much do I spend for embroidery machine >

How much do I spend for embroidery machine

How much do I spend for embroidery machine

Old 12-12-2010, 05:15 PM

If you buy a used one, go thru a dealer. With a dealer you get the 20 yr warranty you do not get from and individual or ebay.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:31 PM

Hello and Welcome from San Gabriel California,Beautiful Quilt!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dayken
Your right. Been sewing for 45 years. The quilting is more relaxing than traditional sewing.

Ah Hah, I knew there must be a long time sewer in the disguise of a newcomber, those squares were too perfectly matching for a 6 month sewer. LOL
Welcome to our great site. :D :D :D
Old 12-13-2010, 06:15 AM

HI Dayken I agree with grann of 6

I have worked in machine for many years. I have 4 of the Vikings. Oldest is 20 years old. Was in the shop for 1/2 a day to have a recalled part.
The next one was adjusted once.
# of the Vikings I have can embroidery too. The oldest was a card. The next is a floppy and the Newest the Designer Diamond is the USB port. I love and use all of them. They are very user friendly.
Hope you don't under buy and get to small a hoops, it cost to up grade.
Good luck in whatever you get but give the Vikings a try. They are also from the Sapphire up in many price ranges that do embroidery. The more they do the more they cost. From the Sapphire to the top Diamond have a very large neck for quilting.
ConnieF

That is a beautiful quilt. Let me just say that I have a Diamond and I just love it. If you do a lot of computer design and a lot of embroidery then the Diamond is great. If you didn't want to spend that much, you could go down to the Ruby or the Topaz. I also have the topaz and like it a lot too. It has the larger throat and a memory stick and the large hoops but is considerably cheaper than the Diamond. My dealer says she has tried other machines and finds the Vikings are more user friendly and easy to understand than the other brands. I don't know because I have never tried the others. My suggestion is to try them all out and make a list of the features you find important to you and compare them against one another. Don't go just by the price. The Husqvarna products have great warranties and service and also have wonderful support via internet and the dealers. The most important thing is to know what you want from the machine you end up with. My Diamond was a floor model that had been serviced and an extended warranty included at no additional cost for $3000 less than the original price. So check out them too. You may even be able to get a machine that has been traded in on an upgrade. Good luck with whichever you decide on.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:38 AM

Your quilt is simply lovely! I just bought the Brother PE 770, but haven't taken it out of the box yet. It will have to wait til after Christmas because I know once I figure it out, there will be no stopping me. I bought mine online from Ken's Sewing and Vacuum Center for 629 dollars. I didn't want to spend any more before I found out if embroidering was "for me." :)
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 AM

Welcome to the group and Hello from West Virginia