Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much do I spend for embroidery machine

Hi, I'm new here but I hav been enjoying all you ladies and gentlemen for several months. You have helped me a lot and made me feel welcome, even though you don't know me. Thanks. My question is about embroidery machines. I am wanting to buy one but don't know how much to invest to get a good machine. I am looking at the Brothers 770, The Janome 350 and the 11000. I have also looked at the Viking Diamond - but it is so expensive I don't know if I could justify that much money on something I haven't done before. I have been quilting for six months and I have completed 10 quilts ( One King, Three Queen, the rest are twin or lap quilts) Thanks for your input. Attached is a picture of one of my quilts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Beautiful quilt :D:D:D

welcome! Pretty quilt!

Only 6 months!!! What beautiful work you do. I love the way you have backed your quilt. I know nothing about embroidery machines. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayken
    Hi, I'm new here but I hav been enjoying all you ladies and gentlemen for several months. You have helped me a lot and made me feel welcome, even though you don't know me. Thanks. My question is about embroidery machines. I am wanting to buy one but don't know how much to invest to get a good machine. I am looking at the Brothers 770, The Janome 350 and the 11000. I have also looked at the Viking Diamond - but it is so expensive I don't know if I could justify that much money on something I haven't done before. I have been quilting for six months and I have completed 10 quilts ( One King, Three Queen, the rest are twin or lap quilts) Thanks for your input. Attached is a picture of one of my quilts.
    That is a beautiful quilt. Let me just say that I have a Diamond and I just love it. If you do a lot of computer design and a lot of embroidery then the Diamond is great. If you didn't want to spend that much, you could go down to the Ruby or the Topaz. I also have the topaz and like it a lot too. It has the larger throat and a memory stick and the large hoops but is considerably cheaper than the Diamond. My dealer says she has tried other machines and finds the Vikings are more user friendly and easy to understand than the other brands. I don't know because I have never tried the others. My suggestion is to try them all out and make a list of the features you find important to you and compare them against one another. Don't go just by the price. The Husqvarna products have great warranties and service and also have wonderful support via internet and the dealers. The most important thing is to know what you want from the machine you end up with. My Diamond was a floor model that had been serviced and an extended warranty included at no additional cost for $3000 less than the original price. So check out them too. You may even be able to get a machine that has been traded in on an upgrade. Good luck with whichever you decide on.

Really pretty set. I bet you've been a sewer all of your life and just recently decided to make a quilt.

Welcome, and your quilt is awesome.

Your right. Been sewing for 45 years. The quilting is more relaxing than traditional sewing.

Hello and welcome from England ! Beautiful quilt.

Blog Entries
    Love your quilt...

Beautiful Quilt! Welcome from Michigan.

No one can tell you what to spend, you'll have to decide that one on your own. Test drive and decide which features are the ones you love the most.

QKO
    Welcome to the board, from western Nevada! :thumbup:

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

Beautiful work!!!

Wonderful quilt! Can't help on the embroidery machine- I don't have one but would love to!

Beautiful quilt, love the pillowcases too. sorry I have the same dilema, I've been looking at emb. machines for 2 years now, just can't justify the thousands they ask for them.

Blog Entries
    Hello from Western Maryland !!
    Beautiful quilts !!!!!!

I have the Baby Lock Elure Plus and love it. Right now Baby Lock is having a sale on their machines through Dec. 31. This is my 2nd machine I upgraded and gave my daughter my 1st one. We both love them.

Welcome from an Oregonian transplanted to Arizona

First of all, I would like to say I really love your quilt and pillow cases. Love how you put the border on the p/c's. Just an awesome quilt and great colors. I have a Janome 350e and love, love it. Whatever brand you choose, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Sash, I just decided on a Janome 350e and I ordered it. I'm so excited to get it in about a week. What kind of table do you put it on? Do you use a sewing table or do you use an ordinary table?

Welcome from se TX

Love your quilt. I have a Viking Diamond and love it. I have had Vikings since the 60's. I also have a Bernina 730 but like the Diamond for embroidery and the Bernina for sewing. I believe you should buy the best you can afford and always buy from a loval reliable dealer so you will have the classes and service.

Welcome from Ireland. Your quilt is beautiful.

Welcome from Oklahoma. I have two embroidery machines, the Janome MB4 (4 needles) and the 350E. I love them both. I use the 350E the most. I wanted embroidery only machines as I knew that I would not like changing them back and forth from reg. sewing to embroidery. I would highly recommend the 350E for every day use and the MB4 for heavier fabrics and large towels. I have also used both machines to quilt some of my quilts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast