Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Howdy from the woods of Pennsylvania! >

Howdy from the woods of Pennsylvania!

Howdy from the woods of Pennsylvania!

Old 01-03-2019, 04:51 AM

Welcome from Maine...you’re gonna love it here.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:11 AM

Welcome from Vermont
Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 AM

Welcome from South Louisiana. Happy Quilting!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:24 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm currently looking through the 100+ page thread of scrappy quilts. WOW! I've always loved the look of scrappy quilts but you all are blowing me away with your talent!

SillySusan, I am so sorry for your loss. It's never easy no matter the time of year. We lost our 16-1/2 year old dog in September 2017, our nearly 13 year old dog in February 2018 then adopted this dog in March. The next day she was diagnosed with kidney failure from lyme nephritis. They told us she'd only live a few weeks but with aggressive treatment, we managed 10 months and she had some good quality of life for a while. She knew she was loved - by us, friends and all of the vet staff. I miss them all so much. And I decided to started quilting partly to help me cope and keep a positive outlook about life.

Iceblossom and Boston 1954, thanks for the table suggestions. I have 24" x 48" folding tables that I use for my handmade soap business. I'm using two of them right now for a sewing station and a cutting station. I was planning to buy more of them for quilting so I could arrange and rearrange them, or take them down, depending on the task I was doing. But I really like the ping pong table idea. I'll keep my eyes open for a free or cheap one. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:38 AM

Welcome from the woods of central VA! I love living in the woods, too, except for the snakes in summer. My husband relocates them when they are a menace. I lost my ShihTzu in May but now have a 6 mo. old pup who is just wonderful. She doesn't replace our girl, but she is so much fun to have around. You've come to the right place for quilt inspiration. Wow, there are all levels of talent here--and all appreciated!
Old 01-07-2019, 07:00 AM

Howdy & welcome to the boards from Texas. So sorry to hear of the loss of your dear dog. They become so much a family member & it's so hard to let them go. Try to remember all the good times you had with her while she was with you.
I still crawl on the floor to sandwich my quilts but have been known to take them to the local Senior Center & borrow some of their big tables. Just last year a sewing lounge opened up in our town & they have big tables that I will be able to use also.
Hope you enjoy the Quilting Board. There are lots of helpful people here to are willing to share their knowledge with you.