I知 new here!

Old 03-12-2021, 06:08 AM

Well, I bit the bullet today and bought the Juki TL2010Q; I know I’ll love it because I love my old warhorse, the TL98P, and the newer model has the one thing I really want which is a speed regulator (I like to think of it as the sewing machine version of cruise control...). I live in Hong Kong, and found a dealership here that had them, so although it was more expensive (everything here is!!) it’s got the UK voltage/plug that I want (Hong Kong still has some Britishness about it!), and it’ll work when we eventually return to the UK. I am so looking forward to it’s arrival next week. I looked at lots of posts here that were keen on this machine, and I know I’ll be fine with it. Yippee! Scary expense but worth every penny to me.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:00 PM

Just posted on another thread called 'trouble with my Juki 2010Q...errrrggg - trouble with mine, too, after only three days! Today, in the middle of perfectly straightforward sewing, and with no thread jams anywhere, or any machine complaining, it stopped dead. Nothing working except the light. So it's not a fuse. Honestly, why is nothing simple!! Even with a totally simple, mechanical machine. I've contacted the dealer who asked me to What'sApp him a video but there's nothing to see, except that the light is on. Then, lo and behold, after a half hour's 'rest' it's working again. I've asked if I should hang in there and see if this is a problem that repeats, but I'm really not happy that a brand new machine should have any reason at all to stop suddenly; there must surely be something wrong somewhere.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from an Iowa Girl!

Sorry I can't help you with your machine problem; I hope you get it resolved.

You have such an interesting background. I am always amazed at how our past experiences influence the new paths our lives take. At 68 I'm still waiting to find out what I will be when I grow up!
Old 03-18-2021, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Hi and Welcome from Mississippi! I'm another happy Juki 2010Q user.... so happy that I bought the Juki longarm machine, too: 2200QVP.

Would love to see photos of your thread paintings. Please post pictures! It's a bit of a process to do so, but just be sure to make your pics as small as possible and they will upload easily.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:58 PM

I'm putting off the photo download struggle - but one fine day I'll bite that bullet, too! Buying a new sewing machine is easier! My Juki is now behaving beautifully, after the initial glitch; must have been something I did wrong, I think. Anyway, so far so good, and the dealership here in Hong Kong have been very solid, are there when I need them, and if it happens again have said there is no question that they'll replace it. So far so good.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:26 AM

Well, I think (???!) I've downloaded some photos into an album; and I think you get to that by going to a profile page. But I could be wrong! Certainly, if I go to my 'Lalla' profile page there's an album listed there on the right hand column, and I hope it's get-at-able by anyone who might like to see some of my stuff? I realise it's not your average quilting and won't enchant everyone! But I hope perhaps some of you might be interested? And you'll see I've managed, too, to add an 'avatar' photo - I seem to be getting to grips with this photo business at last!
Old 03-26-2021, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

I just took a quick peek at your album. I think my favorite is the chameleon although the camouflaged bird comes in as a close second. Lovely work...I struggle with coming up with original ideas.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I just took a quick peek at your album. I think my favorite is the chameleon although the camouflaged bird comes in as a close second. Lovely work...I struggle with coming up with original ideas.
That is so kind of you, oksewglad, I知 a bit nervous in this quilting company, I know my work isn稚 the usual fare, so your words mean a lot to me
Old 03-27-2021, 01:44 AM

I've downloaded some more pictures - getting a bit carried away with being able to do it! (The downloading of photos, I mean!) So there are three albums on now. I am feeling a bit anxious, I know I'm in very talented company here, and it's good to get feedback, but I've been so isolated in Hong Kong, from a quilting point of view. It's always a bit nerve-wracking showing stuff, isn't it. So anyway, I know it won't be up everyone's street, the things I do, but I do hope some of you out there will like some of it???
Old 03-27-2021, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Ah we are vulnerable to the opinions of others, aren't we? I don't have your artistic vision, but the color combinations I often use are not current popular choices and won't fit in "so and so's" bedroom decor or over "someone's" sofa. They are mine; not dictated by market choices, but my choice. Now off to look at your albums.