Well hey there! >

Well hey there!

Well hey there!

Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 AM
QKO

Hello and welcome, from the high desert in sunny western Nevada! :thumbup:
Old 03-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Dear Brynn,
For one thing I am sixty years older than you = but I would not be surprised to find out our inner hearts are the same age. I love my computers, I have two laptops, a new ACER that runs windows 7 home use. and an older HP PAVILLION ENTERTAINMENT PC. 17 inch...
One time when I was in the Hilton hotel in Houston during the International Quilt festival, due to a goof up in booking, I was upgraded to an executive suite. In the sitting room they had a large flat screen TV that they invited me to get my e-mail on! I was absolutely blown away with excitement when it worked!
When I came home I did some research, and finally bought an ELEMENT flat screen TV in hopes of doing the same thing at home... but I haven't figured out how to do it yet!
I will have to find the book for details. but basically can I hook one of my laptops up to do that? Or would I have to buy it its own computer?
I use STELERA wireless WCDMA & HSPDA 3.5G 7.2 Mbps Ready Data Modem -an Expresscard USB Adaptor with two connectors ( that I haven't used both yet.) I use that internet service, because I like the mobility, and it is less expensive. But there are problems, like little news videos have pauses in them - but that might be in the acer...?
I am a funny person in dealing with computers...because I have always loved them...from the beginning. I am also a dunce! For instance I can't figure out how to cut and paste! LOL!!!!
I will tell you that I learn easily, once it is explained, or shown to me in a logical way. I was an Art and Physics major in college - but remember I graduated in 1951.
My career was that of a museum director.
I have been quilting since Iwas a tiny child. My favorites are making pictorial, or "Art Quilts". I also make some geometrics, liking 3D patterns.
Now, to the real reason for writing this.
Quilting is probably one of the best ways to express yourself, artistic talent or not...
I say this because I know some quilters who confess they don't even have an inch of artistic talent, but who have just sat down and sewed pieces of cut up fabric into incredibly intricate and beautiful geometric works of art.
and, laughing again...It is a lot easier to sell a quilt than it is a painting ! ( and it could be the subjects are the same )
I Encourage you to keep on quilting! You will find many many kind friends here who will help you.
Welcome! I live on the south Texas Gulf Coast. Jeannie
Old 03-05-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cherrio
welcome from Ohio! you will luv the men and women on this site. everyone is talented, generous and friendly. Thanks for the offer of teck support. now, if someone could talk me through repairs on a maytag washer . . . lol
Just Google this: How to repair a Maytag Washer !

You wii be surprised....J
Old 03-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Happy Birthday!! And welcome!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Welcome from Tennessee!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:09 PM

I just went to look at your blog site and it said it's not available at this time.. :(
Welcome to the board..
Cindy (from Virginia)
Old 03-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Canton, GA
Old 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM

Hi there from Ok. I have seen very nice material with words on it. Being as you love to write maybe it will give you an idea. Do not worry about your being color blind. Many quilters are .Ask someone to go with you an help you choose. If it makes you happy... isn't that what quilting is all about?
Old 03-10-2011, 04:03 PM

Welcom aboard from California. You're a little younger than my daughter and I'm so pleased you are so jazzed about quilting. Thanks for sharing yourself with us. I still consider myself a new at quilting even though I've been piecing for about 4 years. Really like your excitement.