Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 10 minute quilt block

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister View Post
    I agree, too big for my taste. This one is on my design board, not sewn together yet. I cut my squares 5 inch and the middle one 8 inch. I love it!
    Been wondering if the 5 inch blocks would work. Very pretty. I have made the ten inch block and sashed it in 1 inch strips and I like it a lot.
    Happy Quilting
    Love in Christ
    Suzi

This 10 minute block was demonstrated at the Lake Huron Thumb Area Quilter's Retreat last fall. I too think that its a very easy pattern to accomplish in a very short time. I've made 2 of them so far. I'm waiting impatiently for this year's retreat!!!!!!!

The first book is called 10-Minute Blocks, by Suzanne McNeill. I have the book, but have yet to try to make one.

Chairjogger, I love your take on the 10 minute block. So cute and interesting. I'm always inspired by the creativity shown on this site.

Blog Entries
    Wow! All three 10 minute block quilts are beautiful and so different, even though they are all the same method. Thank you for sharing your photos. Wow!

That is really pretty. I am working on oe that has 5" squares and 7" for the center. I am also putting an accent square in the center before I turn down the bias edge.

There are several of those 10 minute and 5 minute block videos on utube that require only one or two seams. You can also buy the books new on Ebay very cheap if you wait for a good deal.(less than $10.00)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2