Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
75% off Sewing Scissors-JoAnns: This Weekend!! >

75% off Sewing Scissors-JoAnns: This Weekend!!

75% off Sewing Scissors-JoAnns: This Weekend!!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM

My Joanns let me use the 20% coupon off total purchase even after I gave her a 40% off coupon for an item. So that was a nice surprise for me!! Once the check out girl did a 20% off coupon from under her register on her own without me even asking. I sure said thank you!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
Yes it is a good deal but it does not end up being 75% off. The additional 25% off comes off of the 50% price, so it actually comes out to be about 63% off the original price which is still a Wonderful deal and way below even Wholesale. So if you need scissors now would be the time to get them.
Originally Posted by misskira View Post
It's not quite 75% ... They take the 50% off first, then the 25% off the remaining total. It ends up being 62.5% off. Still pretty good! I bought my large cutting mat at a similar sale.
I was going to say this too but I was just too lazy to figure out the math!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 AM

Thank you to the math whizzes for pointing out the actual discount when you get 25% off something that is already 50% off. I know the principle and use it, but the store wants us to not stop and think.

Dayle
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 AM

wish we had Joann stores here but done poor me could use a pair of new scissors
Old 08-01-2012, 04:10 AM

my store takes the 25% off even when I use coupons for other stuff.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
You are truly blessed. That is one thing that bugs me about the manager of our store... He's not my favorite person. In fact, I try very hard to avoid having him cut my fabric or check me out. I end up having to pray for him when I walk out the door.
Oh, I need your attitude, because sometimes praying for him isn't my first impulse! Thanks for the good reminder!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
Thank you to the math whizzes for pointing out the actual discount when you get 25% off something that is already 50% off. I know the principle and use it, but the store wants us to not stop and think.

Dayle
Figuring out the actual Joanne's discount made me remember the first time DH and I we were trading in our car for a new one. The orginial trade in price given us by the salesman for our old car was so much that I actually thought we'd be getting the new car for almost nothing. Boy were we naive because after the manager 'checked out' our old car and we practically would have had to pay them to take our old car off our hands. Needless to say we didn't buy a new car from that dealer.

Last edited by May in Jersey; 08-01-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:46 AM

I'm not trying to be a bugger here, but check your receipts when you get into your car (if you can understand them~~I find them very confusing!). As I understand it their cash registers are set up to deduct the extra 20%-25% coupon off every thing but not those coupons that were rung up on the register.

As to how I found that out, one time I made a large amount of purchases and figured I would be spending about such and such... The actual total kind of blew my mind so I checked the receipt (and did the math in my car) and walked back to the checkout clerk where it was explained to me that the total purhase coupon did not take off an additional percentage of those items purchased with a coupon. That is when I decided to shop a little more carefully and to read the fine print.

Maybe all JoAnn's don't have the new registers.

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 08-01-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post

Dayle
I am so glad that I took that business math class at our community college. I feel that this course should start to be taught at age 15 - when people are starting to want to buy cards and use charge cards!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM

I tried that with a sale awhile ago and they wouldn't give me the additional 25% off on the notion that I was getting... because it was already 50% off...