Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Anyone tried this? >

Anyone tried this?

Anyone tried this?

Old 08-30-2019, 04:38 AM

Default Anyone tried this?

https://lindafranz.com/

It's called Inklingo. Looks interesting. (too much searching on computer - too little sewing LOL!)
Old 08-30-2019, 04:48 AM

for hand piecing quilt tops it is marvelous, you run your fabric through a inkjet printer (what most of us have) and the lines are printed faintly on the fabric and you just stitch on the lines. There are some wonderful blogs featuring her patterns and she has a huge following. And she is one of the nicest persons I've ever met on the web. And Monkey is a total hoot!
Old 08-30-2019, 05:07 AM

I just watched the video on her site and am impressed. I have done things using quilt pro and EQ in the past. I still use my older version of QP to print out sheets for PP'ing and sometimes mariner's compass blocks.
Her's is something I need to look at more closely.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:19 AM

I belong to the Inklingo and I have the patterns but have been so busy with my in-home caretaking that I haven't had the time or energy to do anything with them. I also have the book and I can download the new patterns as they become available. I have seen such beauties that are posted and I really want to get into the project soon. Will be a good one to start for the winter.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:42 AM

Wow! I just watched the intro video and looks interesting. I would like to hear from more people on here how well it actually works and if they actually use it. Too many times I think these new things would be great only to find I tend to stick with my methods and these things end up gathering dust in a drawer somewhere
Old 08-30-2019, 09:52 AM

Haven't had an inkjet printer for ages. My husband is such a tech nut... We have a laser printer and a copier. Can't do inklingo with either.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Haven't had an inkjet printer for ages. My husband is such a tech nut... We have a laser printer and a copier. Can't do inklingo with either.
This was me forever, then went back to the inkjet printer mostly for crafty reasons. Can't wait to try this.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:28 PM

Peckish - you need to buy an ink jet printer just for you! There are some really nice ones out there that are good but nit expensive. Or you could wait till Black Friday and get a super great deal. I did that years ago and it’s time to give it a rest. My computers and printers seem to all be failing at the same time - wondering if they all got together late one night and made a plan to annoy me!!! Anyway, I have the Inklingo books, etc. but I’ve never tried it - yet. I need to go back and watch the videos to get me fired up. Hand piecing us the way I learned about 40 years ago, but I haven’t done much with it in lots of years. It’s really fun and very social - try to have a conversation and piece in a sewing machine - nit a good idea!!!
Old 09-03-2019, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I downloaded the Inklingo program. I gave up on it. Every time I wanted to use it I had to start from step one and enter my information all over every time I clicked on a pattern. Very frustrating. The program seemed to think I was violating copyright every time I opened it after I bought it. Not worth the hassle to be aggravated. Emailed my problem to the designer and got lots of pretty concern words but no fix.