backing

Old 02-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

I go to Marshall's a lot. The cheater cloth is a blend of cotton and poly. I prefer the cotton backing they sell. I see quilt shop vans parked there filling up with bolts of name brand fabric. The fabric comes there direct from the manufacturer and Marshall's wraps it on the bolts for resell. There are fabric reps there that sell to shops. All prices and different quality of fabric are stocked. The warehouse is hugh and they have more then one. Marshall's even has their own fabric line, it's quilt shop quality. I see Connecting Threads fabric there too. If you sign up for the wholesale emails you can see all the new fabric lines and how much it sells by the bolt. I use that to judge how much mark up is at the quilt shops. I don't mind paying double the bolt price but I won't pay any more then that. The $12 a yard fabric? No way I'd give a store that much profit for fabric.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:48 AM

I received my fabrics from Marshall's today and am really pleased with it. The backing is 72 x 90 (2 yds) and it is plenty for a twin or full bed, and the best part is that it only cost me 9.98. I also bought a yard of smoothie hunter green and sage green. I also like the marbled lilac. At 3.99 a yard I am very happy with it, especially since it was online. I usually like to see, and feel what I'm buying. I also ordered a Juki sewing machine 2010Q yesterday. It should be here around Wed. or Thur. Can't wait!!