Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Changes at Joann's Fabric >

Changes at Joann's Fabric

Changes at Joann's Fabric

Old 11-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
QuiltE if I understood the Team member correctly it was to prevent theft. What I didn't understand the gal handed the package of blades to me so I could go to the cashier counter, but in reality if a person wanted they could pocketed the goods then and walk right by the cashiers. Their are kinks in the system....................
A couple of further thoughts ...

* team members in stores do not always know the whole story behind corporate decisions.
Assumptions are often made.

* agree with you, if theft is the concern (or potential weaponry as I suggested) giving it to you does seem odd.

Of interest, Michael's has their lock up at the front of the store, and I did not get my blades in my hand until they were paid for. It really bottlenecked the checkout procedure for me and others in the lineup.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:33 PM

It is pro's who steal it all like that. Usually in pairs; one distracts while the other takes. Much of the stuff you get really cheap at the flea market? A lot of it gets to the flea market that way.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
...........A lot of it gets to the flea market that way.
...........or are really good knock-offs,
that most cannot tell the difference between real and fake
then think they have a bargain, but instead get ripped off ..... often never knowing the difference.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:36 AM

what happened to the old saying , if it doesn't belong to you, don't touch it?
I would hate to own a store now.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:45 AM

Thieves came through our little town and took Five large pieces of New Holland farm equipment. Large things on wheels that cut hay. Then broke into my auto repair guy and stole money. Then the business next to me had the electricity messed with, but looks like they got scared off and left. I looked on my survailance camera and only got two flashes of headlights. No identification.

They cut fences and locks and electric wires. So if you live in hay country and notice a sale on these type of things, PM me.

It is my thought that a thief won't steal merchandise unless he can sell it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-05-2017 at 08:44 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-05-2017, 03:46 AM

People steal.....everywhere...any time, yes, even "quilters". The comment about a potential weapon is a possibility too.
sandy
Old 11-05-2017, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Thieves came through our little town and took FIVE large pieces of New Holland farm equipment. Large things on wheels that cut hay. Then broke into my auto repair guy and stole money. Then the business next to me had the electricity messed with, but looks like they got scared off and left. I looked on my survailance camera and only got two flashes of headlights. No identification.

They cut fences and locks and electric wires. So if you live in hay country and notice a sale on these type of things, PM me.

It is my thought that a thief won't steal merchandise unless he can sell it.

Are the large wheel items "titled"? Registered? Just asking.
sad

sandy
Old 11-05-2017, 03:50 AM

[QUOTE=Jo Anne B.;7937970]QuiltE if I understood the Team member correctly it was to prevent theft. What I didn't understand the gal handed the package of blades to me so I could go to the cashier counter, but in reality if a person wanted they could pocketed the goods then and walk right by the cashiers. Their are kinks in the system...

I also purchased blades when I got a coupon, and I too thought the same thing. But after the Team m. gave them to me and I started to walk away I had a question for her so when I turned around to ask she was on her mic letting the cashier know she had just given out the blades to (me) the customer.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:58 AM

I'lll take a little inconvenience over prices going up to cover items stolen. We all pay for shoplifting. We'll except for those shoplifting, I guess.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:04 AM

I suppose this might be one way to cut back on employees? Not as many circulating in the store to see what is happening. I remember some time back that I needed embroidery thread and found almost all of the bins empty at JoAnn's. Management thought it was a bunch of teens acting on a dare. The thread was in the back of the store where it was "easy" to conceal all of that and walk out of the store undetected. Nobody has need of that much embroidery floss.