Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Fantastic Prices!! >

Fantastic Prices!!

Fantastic Prices!!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:42 AM
QKO

OK, That's our store. Thanks bunniequilter for the mention!

First, we don't have a sale going on right now except the stuff on our sale category.

Second, we do price by the 1/2, but we are currently working on a new store software that will have full yard pricing, so it's not so confusing.

There is no attempt to deceive, its just a function of the way our cart works and we're paying a bunch of money to have new programming done to overcome it.

Third, we have good prices to start with, usually 1-2 dollars under list price. On the highest quality fabrics, such as our Daiwabo and Lecien Japanese screen prints, we're up to 3 dollars or more a yard under list prices. We only have a few fabrics over 9 dollars a yard and these normally are up to 12-15/yd in fabric shops. We also try to carry a lot of fabrics that you can't get most places, so you want to make sure you are comparing apples to apples here.

Next, we're going to have a big sale soon, when we get our new cart done and all the products moved over.

Finally, thanks to you all for looking, I hope you visit again soon because big changes are coming to our store, including price-based shipping with lower free shipping limits for USA customers, graduated shipping discounts for our international customers, and that full-yard pricing I mentioned.

:D :D
Old 02-27-2011, 10:54 AM

Nice site however the prices are not all that good even with the discount it is still mostly 9.00 a yard.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by bunniequilter
For me these are fanatastic prices, we pay 18.00 a yard and up.
Where are you located???
Old 02-27-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Originally Posted by Threadedneedle
I refuse to buy from places with 1/2 yard pricing. I think they are trying to be deceptive as to price.
ditto !!
that goes for me too~ goofed big time on the one and only time I ordered because I wasn't paying close enough attention!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:35 PM

ditto everyone .......
Old 02-27-2011, 05:05 PM
lue

$18 per yard for quilting cotton? Where do you live? I can see why you think $9 per yard is a good price!! Bunnyquilter, where is the stash under which you live?

The people who own the shop that prices by the half yard sound like nice people. Thanks for responding so non-defensively.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:34 PM
QKO

Originally Posted by lue
$18 per yard for quilting cotton? Where do you live? I can see why you think $9 per yard is a good price!! Bunnyquilter, where is the stash under which you live?

The people who own the shop that prices by the half yard sound like nice people. Thanks for responding so non-defensively.
Thanks for your nice comment, Lue.

If you look around our shop, you'll see that the large majority of our fabrics aren't over $8.50/yd. The ones that are, are either new fabrics that have gone up astronomically in the last couple of months, or our Japanese screen prints that normally retail for 11-12/yd (Daiwabos) or over 15/yd (Lecien).

If you compare our prices on stuff that we both carry, with big online stores like Hancocks or Fabric.com, we're at the same or lower prices.

Many of our fabrics are high-end quilt-shop only fabrics that you won't see at the bigger outlets mentioned above, because they're not allowed to sell them.

We strive to carry only the highest quality fabrics from manufacturers who really care about the quilting business and orient their product lines to discriminating quilters who want the best quality. We do carry a few lower quality items, like Quilting Treasures and Blank Quilting, to round out our lines and appeal to a broader base. If you compare our prices on QT's licensed products, for instance, you'll find our prices are a few cents lower per yard than fabric.com.

You'll notice that these are the lowest quality goods we carry, and those goods are comparable in quality, or better, than goods from Moda, Connecting Threads, and the top quality stuff carried at Joannes.

Our higher quality goods, like those from Maywood, Fabric Freedom, and Hoffman-California are priced, in our store, lower than in other online stores.

So you really have to compare the same goods if you're comparing prices across stores.

Take a minute to look at our customer comments page as well, you'll notice that we have a ton of happy customers. We post on that page about 1 out of a hundred happy customer emails we get.

Our goal is to treat our customers fairly, give good value for your dollar, give top quality customer service, and do it at prices we all can live with.

Just as an aside, we've never taken a dollar of salary out of this business, and after three years, it's finally almost breaking even. We live on our retirement incomes from our previous jobs. So this is a labor of love for us, not really a money making venture.

For all of you that have taken a look today, we thank you very much and hope you keep checking back. For those of you who placed orders, they'll be shipped tomorrow, and we're very grateful for your business.

Thanks again to the mods and admins here for providing such a great board!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by lue

I'm in Canada. We have always paid a good price for our quilt fabrics, my LQS brought in some new batiks that are to die for untill you see the price tag. A good quilt fabric here can cost between 14-16 per yard. As you can probably guess, i do most of my quilt shopping online, really snap it up when our dollar is at part or higher than the US dollar.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 AM

QKO....you got me. What a very nice response and also very informative. I will be bookmarking your site and waiting for your sales and ordering. Thanks for the explanations!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:30 AM

QKO, on the mailing list. Tell them techies to get it movin'!!!!!!!!