Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Find your lost sew-jo

Find your lost sew-jo

I hope some of you will find this as encouraging as I do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2VXo-rnsPA

I would add just one more possible thing, and that is to find some upbeat background music.
    “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~Maya Angelou.
    One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Blog Entries
    Yep, my sew jo went about a month ago. well not went , it is right here! my desire to do a denim quilt went somewhere. I intend to get it back but the weather isn't helping. rain storms. must turn off the power strip to my sewing machine. and my computer. sigh. at times no t.v. either. but reading or watching DVR shows are things I do. Can't walk... I am almost back to sewing. give me a kick!!
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Mine comes and goes and I'm okay with that. I do other things until it returns.
    Alyce

Thanks for the link.I shared it on my guild's FB page. We all fall into this loss of motivation from time to time. I absolutely have been in a quilting slump. Burn out? Almost no quilting since a three day retreat where I finished so much. Then two very intensive weeks of planing an online college course that is full of details. My brain was so tired. I went out of town with some friends on Saturday and purchased backing for four tops! On Sunday, I gave myself time to complete one, just one, block from a mystery quilt and in the past two days I have completed 5 more and caught up. I worked in 30 minute segments and it is amazing how much can be accomplished and the wonderful way it feels to have my joy return.

I needed to see your comments because this happens to me from time to time. Perhaps I can get my sew jo back. I think it comes on because one of the daughters or the other wants me to quilt something that I do not particularly enjoy or use some fabric that does not inspire me. Yes, I am a bit "spoiled."

Rose_P thank you for this. I did get off my couch yesterday and visited a quilting friend. I felt so much better afterwards. Then last night out of the blue another friend called to see if I'd like to ride with her tomorrow for a local shop hop. I feel ready to try again in little steps. I think the timer idea and small projects is the ticket. Set all my bigger stuff away for a bit instead of letting it stare at me. Here's to trying. Big hugs to you.
    countrymaid- I clean up after the kids, the husband and the farm animals

I was going through a very bad situation in my life and it took all the joy out of my heart. The situation righted it's self eventually but the trauma of going through that lingered and pops back into my brain from time to time. I have learned I will be miserable if I don't ignore it.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Funny how things affect us. Losing my Mom has been horrible but I've been sewing like crazy. But that's all I've been doing. That's all I feel like doing right now. A lot of other stuff is just piling up and I really don't care.

Thanks for the link!
    Last edited by SusieQOH; 05-09-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Power Poster
    Thank you for the link.

It was definitely worth the time I spent watching it.