Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 >

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Old 04-17-2008, 06:35 PM

I figure I can always use a neutral color as my focal if needed. I have never done a scrappy quilt before, so I like this. It was so hard not to coordinate colors. I did a liitle, but not like I normally would.

OK, 10:30, time for bed. Need to be up at 4:30 so's I can be at the gym by 5:30 when they open, then come home and sew until about 8:45, then I will head to JoAnn's to be there when they open at 9:00.

Good night all.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM

Mary, looking good and so neat too! Aggi, I am waiting to decide what to use as my focal fabric, but for those of us that used all different colors for our four patches, and am doing the same in step two, I would think could use just about any fabric for the focal. But if you stick with certain colors in your four patches and step two and more if there are more steps before the focal then you definitly need to wait to be sure of your focal fabric. Does that make sense, sound right? Bonnie has already choose her focal fabric but she also says she is using all different color scraps. I think I am on the right track. :?: :wink: :?
Old 04-17-2008, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
I just started working on my 4 patches. I am a bit behind but having fun!!
Everyones blocks are looking great. I will not be able to post mine due to not having a camera or even knowing how to post pictures. Aggi, you said, something about needing a focal fabric for what??? Let me know I am a bit confused???

Happy Sewing Ladies!!!!!
Bebe
Don't worry about being behind. It seems like it is about two weeks between steps. And if you have a scanner there is a way to do pics if you wanted to. Someone including me can walk you through it. Not as good as camera pictures but will work. :D
Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Thanks ladies I will keep on moving along!!!
Bebe
Old 04-17-2008, 07:45 PM

Focal fabric? Who said anything about focal fabric?!! So far we're being "scrappy!" Let loose, girls. Get funky! Abandon matching, using "in" colors, etc. Let your artistic side shine. Close your eyes and pick up pieces! These are going to be such fun and gorgeous quilts! Try not to overthink it. Have fun!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
Focal fabric? Who said anything about focal fabric?!! So far we're being "scrappy!" Let loose, girls. Get funky! Abandon matching, using "in" colors, etc. Let your artistic side shine. Close your eyes and pick up pieces! These are going to be such fun and gorgeous quilts! Try not to overthink it. Have fun!
OOkee doekee :D
Old 04-18-2008, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Mary, looking good and so neat too! Aggi, I am waiting to decide what to use as my focal fabric, but for those of us that used all different colors for our four patches, and am doing the same in step two, I would think could use just about any fabric for the focal. But if you stick with certain colors in your four patches and step two and more if there are more steps before the focal then you definitly need to wait to be sure of your focal fabric. Does that make sense, sound right? Bonnie has already choose her focal fabric but she also says she is using all different color scraps. I think I am on the right track. :?: :wink: :?
I plan to wait myself til it is time to use that fabric in a block. Best to be safe than sorry
Old 04-18-2008, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
I'm trying Chele.. I'm just soo use to structure!! :) Doing my best!! :) Having lots of fun making it though!! structure and all hee hee:)
Old 04-18-2008, 03:35 AM

This is my first time doing a mystery quilt and also a scrappy quilt. I'm loving digging through my stash to see what i forgot i had in there. I'm trying to use fabric from quilts I made for my daughters and grand daughters, and ones made for me. I think I'll call my quilt a Mystery of Memories Quilt. :lol: :D
Old 04-18-2008, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by PamH
This is my first time doing a mystery quilt and also a scrappy quilt. I'm loving digging through my stash to see what i forgot i had in there. I'm trying to use fabric from quilts I made for my daughters and grand daughters, and ones made for me. I think I'll call my quilt a Mystery of Memories Quilt. :lol: :D
great name for the quilt Pam!!!!

Yes I am having alot of fun putting this quilt together!!! Everyone's quilt patches are looking fantastic!!!
I have been playing in scraps for a bit now and realizing I should have dove into my scraps alot sooner than I did!!! I didn't realize just how fast they have accumulated!!!