Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 >

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Old 04-18-2008, 10:55 AM

Wow! You all been so busy since I last popped in, how's a girl gonna keep up? :lol: They all looking good :thumbup: I have a wee bit of a decsion to make because I used black in my 4 patches, I think I'll use it for the little triangles and hope for the best. Oh well off to cut piles more weeeny bits :lol:
Old 04-18-2008, 11:04 AM

I'm getting ready to press the second little light triangle, then on to sewing it all to the big one.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mary705
If using the angle ruler for the little triangles, make sure you cut the strips right sides together (or cut some all right sides up, then cut strips with right sides down), or they will not work. I didn't read my instructions and ended up cutting out even more little triangles.

I have enough left over for another half, will possibly use them in the challenge quilt here, since they are scraps anyway.
Okay I am a little lost Mary. The little triangles go in the same direction on both sides so why does it make a difference turn the fabric face to face or some up and some down? Well I am now working on my 3 1/2 strips so I guess I will find out when I get to the small triangles. :-)
Old 04-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Help I am confused!!! What do you mean by turning the little light triangles around so they can fit? What do you mean? Can you show me what you did????
Old 04-18-2008, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
Originally Posted by mary705
If using the angle ruler for the little triangles, make sure you cut the strips right sides together (or cut some all right sides up, then cut strips with right sides down), or they will not work. I didn't read my instructions and ended up cutting out even more little triangles.

I have enough left over for another half, will possibly use them in the challenge quilt here, since they are scraps anyway.
Okay I am a little lost Mary. The little triangles go in the same direction on both sides so why does it make a difference turn the fabric face to face or some up and some down? Well I am now working on my 3 1/2 strips so I guess I will find out when I get to the small triangles. :-)
OK, I was wrong. Just tried it using it cut the same way, and it worked. But after looking at Bonnie's instructions, she shows both of the squared off ends meeting at the same corner. But it does work either way, cause I just did one with both triangles cut the same.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
Help I am confused!!! What do you mean by turning the little light triangles around so they can fit? What do you mean? Can you show me what you did????
Bebe, she is saying to put the fabric right sides together. I was just asking because I don't understand why but I am not to that point yet. Have you done your 3 1/2 strips yet? If yes make two little triangles and put a block together like Mary did to see how it turns out. Otherwise do your 3 1/2 strips (cut into triangles) then your small triangles then put together. Don't let all this bla bla conversation confuse you. :? Just have fun with it. :D
Old 04-18-2008, 05:38 PM

Mary put a response up same time I wrote to Bebe. See nothing to worry about. Thanks Mary :D
Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 PM

No problem. If they are cut the same, it does work, you just have a little more tail in the center than if cut with strips right side together.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 PM

I just got it :shock: If you cut right sides together (which you do not have to do) you will not have the little tail on the end of the triangle piece that goes towards the center triangle. Hmmm. Now I will cut the fabric right sides together. I am glad I did not do them yet. I am starting on the little triangles now and thought I would look at what "Mary" was saying. Hey if we don't have to cut the tail, one less step. Good Hint Mary! :D Bebe are you using the Easy Angler ruler or the other directions for cutting. I have not even looked at the other directions. I know Aggi can help you if you get stuck but if she is not around I will read them and help you :!:
Old 04-19-2008, 01:09 PM

Ta da! I had to make a few more after I squared them up. Some were quite wonky and got thrown in the scrap bin. Is everyone having fun? I'm even more intrigued!

Step 2 Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8290[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8290.jpe