Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Guess What Store Type These Photos' Subject Matter Are From! >

Guess What Store Type These Photos' Subject Matter Are From!

Guess What Store Type These Photos' Subject Matter Are From!

Old 05-05-2017, 07:44 AM

Default Guess What Store Type These Photos' Subject Matter Are From!

In a mood for some fun? A quilt project not going the way you want right now? How about taking a short break from your latest project and try your virtual hand at guessing where I was just a couple of days ago. This is an important stop for me each month. I decided to take some photos while I was there in real time so all of you can experience something a bit different than the usual. Remember, the foundation key idea here is: Exactly what type of store this is? plus more importantly: Would you go there yourselves?
  • A brick & mortar physical store?
  • Local Quilt Shop-LQS-(smaller or larger sized)?
  • Fabric Store (smaller or larger sized)?
  • Online Mail Order
  • Warehouse?
  • Possibly none of the above-something else entirely!

So which is it? Where is it located? These thoughts-and others-should run though your minds as I upload the photos a bit later. These files might take some time uploading or even loading on your screens. So be a bit patient. It's worth it!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:55 AM

Fabric Selections group:

Photo 1 Remnant Bundles
Photo 2 Clearance $6.00 Yd. Fabrics
Photo 3 Optical Illusion Fabric
Photo 4 " " Close Up Of 1 Of Them
Photo 5 Another Optical Illusion Fabric Close Up
Photo 6 Some Idea Of Quilting Fabric Selection-A Tiny Scene Part
Photo 7 Solid Quilting Broadcloth Fabrics Row
Attached Thumbnails less-than-1-yard-remnants-1-.jpg   clearance-fabrics-bin.jpg   optical-illusion-dual-fabrics.jpg   optical-illusion-fabric.jpg   checkered-fabric.jpg  

color-rama.jpg   color-rama-solids-row-.jpg  

Last edited by Iona D.; 05-05-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

Home-Improvement/hardware
Old 05-05-2017, 08:07 AM

Some Quilt Examples:
Attached Thumbnails pumpkin-quilt.jpg   green-quilt.jpg   reddish-quilt.jpg   patchwork-quilt.jpg   pinwheel-quilt.jpg  

Old 05-05-2017, 08:07 AM

I don't know but that black and white checkerboard makes me dizzy
Old 05-05-2017, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Home-Improvement/hardware
The answer to my original post's question is very simple: All The Above & somehing a bit farther than that. The place I visited & usually buy my sewing supplies is a supply center for designers and buyers of both large corporations and individuals single or a few in number. It is both a wholesale and retail brick & mortar center. If you are in business, you can buy and pay no taxes there with proper I.D. or previously created business account. If you are like I am now, you buy paying sales taxes just like any other business. If you are unable to physically go there, you may order online with confidence: http://lowpricefabric.com/ When I was temporary incapacitated for a short time after my hernia operation last year, even I ordered online-& I only live a few miles away from the store!.

This store is probably most serious sewer's and quilter's dream to visit. Most quilt shops are too specialized & may not carry what a regular fabric store usually does (like zippers). The quality is what one expects when one is making her/his living and depended on others to return in the future-good to excellent. That is my background & comfort zone behind my other posts & projects. Plus one of the not-so-obvious reasons why the LQS don't do well anymore IMO.

Last edited by Iona D.; 05-05-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Marshalls Dry Goods in Arkansas?

Oops answered before realizing you already told us.

Never heard of this place.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I don't know but that black and white checkerboard makes me dizzy
One of the few places that have even a single bolt of something out of the ordinary, predictable selection for a possible quilt project. Plus they have a pure cotton flannel section (not shown due to a lack of space) that is so wonderful as I use them alot in my own projects.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Marshalls Dry Goods in Arkansas?

Oops answered before realizing you already told us.

Never heard of this place.
The online sector is very, very crowded with the smallest and the largest stores around. It can get quite confusing at times, even for the most knowledgeable among us. This is my favorite one. Been going there for years. I still prefer to go in person. Even if I move far away, I would still "shop" there. Online of course!

Most of you would not know of these supply centers as they are located in the fashion/garment centers of larger cities. That's why I wish people from the industry should post more here.

Last edited by Iona D.; 05-05-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:52 AM

One more photo before I take a break online. Here is a Minky project that did not sit too well with the other Quilt examples. This is a stroller blanket. One (foreground) is made entirely with Minky-front & back, and the other-background somewhat hidden by the other one-has one side Minky and the other quilting cotton type.

This is a very, very quick blanket when you don't have the time to do patchwork/applique work.
Attached Thumbnails minky-baby-blankets.jpg  

Last edited by Iona D.; 05-05-2017 at 08:55 AM.