Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Have coupons changed? >

Have coupons changed?

Have coupons changed?

Old 10-18-2014, 05:57 AM

Our new JoAnn's is very clean (nice change). However like Krystyna has noted the racks are very high, you can't see from one aisle to the next and the the aisles are very narrow. It is almost claustrophobic. the other problem is that they have hired almost all new staff, only about 3 of the old group remain. The new ones don't know you and there is no chit chat about your projects. Also, 70% of the new employees are not sewers, they are crafters. Not much help when looking for sewing info.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:23 AM

I have no "smart" phone, mine is dumb, so have no "apps". Only use coupons from mail.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

I seem to be getting 40% off. You can use multiple coupons as long as the last number is different
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM

I use to be signed up for Joanns flyer coupons. But I am not near enough to one now to use them all the time. So no flyers. I do have the text and even that I only use a couple of times a year. I find better prices elsewhere. And my budget has been reduced dramatically so I have been shopping for fabric in thrift stores and only go to stores when I need something in particular.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:43 AM

I use the phone app and the flyers when I see a 50% off but only on notions (yes only when it is not on sale - you have to watch them). I think I get my best deals with them on W&N batting. I only buy their fleece for Project Linus blankets but NEVER their fabric for my quilts. The quality has been poor for many years. I'd rather support my LQS and get good quality. Usually you do get what you pay for. Here we have a great craft store that carries good fabric with reasonable prices on their flat fold table. Unless I need a lot for a backing I can always find something there. I do still use JA for buttons and ribbon too. 50% is 50% right?
Old 10-18-2014, 07:34 AM

Coupons have changed, but you are able to STACK your JoAnn's coupons when you check out. IE:Coupon from your phone, coupon from your mailer, coupon from the news paper or flyer and coupons you print from your computer. So this helps, but YES the 50% coupons are hard to find.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Feather3 View Post
I noticed the fliers aren't coming as often.
I'm not getting them at all any more. I noticed several months ago they had stopped coming and mentioned it when I checked out one day. The clerk had me fill out a new form. Several weeks passed and no fliers so I went on line and filled out a form. Still no fliers. I mentioned it again in the store and this time the clerk gave me a form to mail in. I did so. You guessed it ... still no fliers.

It's really too bad. I don't always use the coupons because what I want is already on sale but the fliers also served to remind me that there was a sale on something that I might want to pick up.

End result is that I'm just skipping them altogether and shopping elsewhere and on line.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:05 AM

I've noticed that nearly everything I want to buy is usually on sale and therefore I can't use a coupon. Sometimes the store puts an item on sale for 5% off....grrrr.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:06 PM

I learned something on my last trip there (might be mentioned in this thread-I didn't read it all yet). The cashier asked if I had any coupons and I said no. She said there should be some. I said the phone app didn't have any that applied to my order, and the text coupon was expired. I didn't get the mail ones. She said to go to the website on my phone and there are coupons there. I did and lo and behold, 30% off one item and 20% off my order. So that is 4 sources of coupons, probably all different.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:24 PM

I do not have a smart phone but the mailed coupon brochure converted to a post card. Then it went away completely even though I buy something in their store ever 6 weeks or so. I signed up again at the store and just received a full brochure again.