Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Have you rec'd your current Block magazine? >

Have you rec'd your current Block magazine?

Have you rec'd your current Block magazine?

Old 11-03-2014, 11:29 AM

I have to say that I find at least one pattern in every issue that I would love to make. I just wish I had the time to make them all. The stories that introduce each pattern are kind of sappy but I wouldn't use that as a reason to cancel. I'm also enjoying the mystery story with Jenny and her assistant in the center.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:17 PM

I received my copy about a week and a half ago - the quilts in this issue didn't grab me the way previous issues did, but with a change in color they would fit my style. Putting the designs in EQ7 is a very good idea - and an easy and fun way to audition colors. Thanks for the hint.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 11-03-2014, 07:30 PM

After watching the last couple of Jenny's videos she just doesn't seem to show the zest/zeal as in the past videos. I, too, haven't received the BLOCK but that is par for living in Alaska.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM

The Block is the only magazine I get. I love the videos, but I am not online all the time to view them. I have made many the patterns. I know I will never make all of them. I have no intentions of canceling my subscription. I am a very happy customer!!!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:34 AM

Default block

Originally Posted by GrammieJan View Post
I rec'd mine Friday. It is not very interesting this time, in my opinion. Boring patterns, etc.
its ironic, everyone was all gun ho when the block first come out. Reading all the comments here everyone says they love jenny but, if they stood behind there words they wouldn't hesitate to continue to support her. Where can you get ten patterns for $6.00. Don't know about the rest of you but that's not even the price of a movie ticket, two coffees or god forbid if you smoke a pkg. of cigarettes. Would you not spend $6.00 to help a friend. Well to me that's a small price to support a small business, to help the economy, to keep people employed. If we don't continue to support jenny and her endeavours not only will we loose the only ad free magazine available but you could stand to loose the free tutorials we have all grown to love as she may not be able to continue to do them. They do cost considerable to put together. When you consider the block is ad free she makes no revenue like other productions that pay well to put there products in there magazines that drive us crazy. So for these and many other reasons I will continue to pay my $6 every two months even though I have to wait six months to receive half of my subscription as I am a Canadian and they don't mail to Canada. So dust off your wallets people and please continue to support jenny before she's not there to support.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:32 AM

I guess for us newbies we love it it teaches us what you guys already know as pros
Old 11-04-2014, 05:28 AM

Well said. Thank you. I am enjoying the magazine and the stories. I love ordering from them and supporting a small business.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie View Post
its ironic, everyone was all gun ho when the block first come out. Reading all the comments here everyone says they love jenny but, if they stood behind there words they wouldn't hesitate to continue to support her. Where can you get ten patterns for $6.00. Don't know about the rest of you but that's not even the price of a movie ticket, two coffees or god forbid if you smoke a pkg. of cigarettes. Would you not spend $6.00 to help a friend. Well to me that's a small price to support a small business, to help the economy, to keep people employed. If we don't continue to support jenny and her endeavours not only will we loose the only ad free magazine available but you could stand to loose the free tutorials we have all grown to love as she may not be able to continue to do them. They do cost considerable to put together. When you consider the block is ad free she makes no revenue like other productions that pay well to put there products in there magazines that drive us crazy. So for these and many other reasons I will continue to pay my $6 every two months even though I have to wait six months to receive half of my subscription as I am a Canadian and they don't mail to Canada. So dust off your wallets people and please continue to support jenny before she's not there to support.
Thank you, Hunter's grammie. Well spoken and I fully support what you said.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Well said Huntersgrammie. The value is far more then the price.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:14 PM

I received mine and was very dissapointed. Did not like one pattern in this book.when does the subscription run out?
Maybe I will not renew.