Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Have you seen the 'new' Singer? >

Have you seen the 'new' Singer?

Have you seen the 'new' Singer?

Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 AM

Oh my, I do believe I'm in love! I just bought a Singer Confidence Quilter and I love it....but maybe I'll give that to my DD and buy this one for me!!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 AM

Well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And for the price it doesn't seem to have many features...apparently no needle up/down or speed control....and not many stitches either. To each their own. JMHO
Old 02-25-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by annasgirl View Post
Oh my, I do believe I'm in love! I just bought a Singer Confidence Quilter and I love it....but maybe I'll give that to my DD and buy this one for me!!!!
Gotta say I've been using my new Singer 160 everyday and I just love her and she's soooo pretty too!
Old 02-25-2012, 12:18 PM

http://www.joann.com/singer-160th-an...en=16097015874
Looks like a Yugo.
Old 02-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

I'd rather buy two real featherweights for that price!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Wow! Is that ugly!! And $499? Waaay to much!!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:31 PM

I saw the Singer 160 for the first time yesterday at my local JoAnne's. I thought it was a bit "plastic" looking. Unfortunately, no one was available to answer questions about it.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:11 AM

I agree!! And for slightly more ($418) folks could buy a Brother PC 420 with 294 stitches, alphabet, speed control, needle up/down, knee lifter, auto thread cutter, memory,hard case and is rated 5 stars after several years of sales. I can't understand buying that Singer.....?????........ Shows what advertising hype will do!! IMHO, anyway.

Originally Posted by vivoaks View Post
Wow! Is that ugly!! And $499? Waaay to much!!
Old 02-26-2012, 12:14 PM

Why all the venomous negativity about this machine? I just don't get it. Whatever happen to just being polite or the old adage if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all? Obviously there are a few of us idiots who actually liked this machine and even went so far as to purchase it. If you don't like it why not just say "congrats on your new machine and I hope you enjoy it!"??? Is your negative opinion so important to you that you feel you need to express it so bluntly? Honestly....I'm just confused.

I bought this machine. I paid MY money for it not yours. I happen to really like the machine. I like the look and the performance. Why not be happy for me and the others....??? And that is just MHO.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Candela59 View Post
Why all the venomous negativity about this machine? I just don't get it. Whatever happen to just being polite or the old adage if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all? Obviously there are a few of us idiots who actually liked this machine and even went so far as to purchase it. If you don't like it why not just say "congrats on your new machine and I hope you enjoy it!"??? Is your negative opinion so important to you that you feel you need to express it so bluntly? Honestly....I'm just confused.

I bought this machine. I paid MY money for it not yours. I happen to really like the machine. I like the look and the performance. Why not be happy for me and the others....??? And that is just MHO.
Could not agree with you more!!!!! I feel the same about when the cheapy Brothers are bashed (and my guess is by some who have never used one!) Many of us are so happy with them and we still read on here about the expensive machines having problems and no dealer support, etc. We are all entitled to our opinions and choice of machines and you're right - we should all be happy for each other.