Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Interesting article on quilting slumps >

Interesting article on quilting slumps

Interesting article on quilting slumps

Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 AM

Default Interesting article on quilting slumps

I thought this was very helpful -- I could definitely relate!

http://www.quiltingismytherapy.com/2...g-burning-out/
Old 01-21-2013, 07:07 AM

Interesting article!

I can relate too...I have had several slumps...am in one now....since my father's passing in December, and after all the holiday stuff...I am tired all the time...and I know it is a depression of sorts...also winter time which can bring me down anyway.

I do find that I often do the cleaning, taking a break helps...do something different for awhile...for me it usually is reading...after several books, I usually am ready to start quilting again. I usually start with doing 4-patches or 9 patches...some of my favorite quilts. Sometimes it is going shopping for a new project. It is true that it is a stage....you will quilt again.

I did shop recently for a new project...hoping to get it cut out this week, and I do have a sewing day with friends next Saturday...hoping that also helps get me out of my slump.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 AM

The suggestion to make something for yourself really hits home for me.

Most of my projects have others in mind. I 'm always needing to remind myself to take care of #1. It's a hard concept to wrap one's mind around -- I learned after my husband passed away. Learn to take care of yourself first so that you'll be there to take care of others.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

When I get in a depressed time I make myself get out and do something non social. I rip out a flower bed and start over, I strip a piece of furniture and re paint, it may be just to wash all the outside windows. I have to really push myself to do the job but it works to get me out of a slump and I have something to show for it that makes me proud later to have accomplished something.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Gret article thank you!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 AM

Great article thanks. BellaBoo that's a great idea. I like to look at something I've done also, even if it's just a small project around the house. Gives me a feeling of satisfaction. Sometimes the big projects all seem to be UFO's.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Thanks for sharing the article and the tips... I too am going through a non quilting time -crocheting and reading only. My quilting mojo has left for a while .. come to think of it so has my sewing mojo .. Hmmmm.. Need to get my mojo on for sure.