Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Iron saga leads to sewers' toy store >

Iron saga leads to sewers' toy store

Iron saga leads to sewers' toy store

Old 10-16-2010, 12:42 PM

My 50.00 Black & Decker, highly rated D2030, died after just over a year - arghh! After purchasing a Sunbeam Classic, T-Fal, 2 different Black and Decker irons, and returning all but the somewhat respectable cheapie Sunbeam, I decided to find a local (Charlotte,NC) distributor for a gravity feed iron. I did not want to order one online and this distributor website indicated that they might have decent prices so I went for a visit. They were very welcoming, ,friendly, and happy to show me around. I looked, touched, and weighed the irons on the scale and in my hands. Although the gravity feed irons were priced well, they were basically right-handed and a bit awkward for a leftie. Then he showed me the Reliable V100. He took it to the ironing board, filled it up with water, and let me work with it.Then I bought it at a very good price. They even let me into the warehouse to show me some of their newest toys and products so I got a great iron at a great price and went to the sewers' toystore! They have excellent prices on most things.
You can request a catalog here. http://www.bglieberman.com/contactus.html.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

The Reliable V100 is the best iron on the market right now. The steam chamber is separate, right in the iron. It can't drip. The auto shut off can be turned on or off. It is the best iron I have ever used for steam. You are going to love this iron.

I paid $159. The price may be lower by now.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:07 PM

I really like my Reliable except that it does shut off after 8 min. I got mine when they first came out with this model and turning off the auto shut off was not an option. I wish they would make one that would shut off after an hour or so, that would be great.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

This usually works with most auto shut off irons. Try it and see.

Have the narrow end of the iron facing down and the back end of the iron up when not is use. I have a wedge type ironing rest that I turned around to have the back end sticking up. The auto shut off in not activated with the iron in this position.