Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Long Arm Lighting >

Long Arm Lighting

Long Arm Lighting

Old 03-31-2020, 07:12 AM

Default Long Arm Lighting

Does anyone have this? https://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/luminess.php Looking for ideas, the shadows while I long arm are driving me nuts.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:50 AM

I purchased that when I had my HQ Fusion and it worked well, I’ve since sold my longarm along with the light bar. I replaced the light bar with 4 LED 5000 daylight shop lights and wow what a difference the shop lights made! I don’t know how your set up is, but I much prefer the shop lights over the light bar. I found the lights on the light bar a tad dull, and considering the price I would have expected it to be much brighter than it was. Perhaps this is a new model and the lighting is better?? My set up is in the basement and the ceilings in that section are unfinished and have plug outlets in the ceiling, thus making the addition of the shop lights easy to do.
I also replaced my flush mount light fixtures in my sewing room with old school screw in light bulb sockets and installed amazing screw in LED Fixtures and my lighting has never been better! I’m thrilled with the end results!

Last edited by tallchick; 03-31-2020 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:53 AM

I don't know about that particular light bar but I agree with Lisa. My setup is similar to hers and love the shop lights over my table. Shop lights or LED lights are the best lighting.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
I purchased that when I had my HQ Fusion and it worked well, I’ve since sold my longarm along with the light bar. I replaced the light bar with 4 LED 5000 daylight shop lights and wow what a difference the shop lights made! I don’t know how your set up is, but I much prefer the shop lights over the light bar. I found the lights on the light bar a tad dull, and considering the price I would have expected it to be much brighter than it was. Perhaps this is a new model and the lighting is better?? My set up is in the basement and the ceilings in that section are unfinished and have plug outlets in the ceiling, thus making the addition of the shop lights easy to do.
I also replaced my flush mount light fixtures in my sewing room with old school screw in light bulb sockets and installed amazing screw in LED Fixtures and my lighting has never been better! I’m thrilled with the end results!
Your sewing space sounds amazing, I would love to see pictures if you were willing to share I took the plunge and ordered the light bar, if I don't care for it I can always return it. Thanks for the input, very much appreciated.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:10 AM

Smile Lights

Originally Posted by selm View Post
I don't know about that particular light bar but I agree with Lisa. My setup is similar to hers and love the shop lights over my table. Shop lights or LED lights are the best lighting.
Yes, I agree my old sewing room had shop lights & I loved them. My current room has a ceiling fan w/ lights & so far it's ok so I will just stick with that for now. I do have a small table lamp at my sewing machine.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Dee, I think any daylight bulb would give good light. I have the curly ones over my quilting table and I thought they were great. One burned out (I thought they were supposed to have a long life?). Anyway I bought some that look like a regular bulb from HDepot and the light is even brighter. When the daylight bulbs throughout the house burn out, I know what kind I will be getting!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-06-2020 at 03:52 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-06-2020, 04:01 AM
Power Poster

I have this light bar. It's great. My sewing room only has one window and very high ceilings. This bar was much cheaper then installing new light fixtures. I have one over my sewing table and bought another one to go over my cutting table. My room is daylight bright. It's on wheels so easy to move. I put it together myself.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Your sewing space sounds amazing, I would love to see pictures if you were willing to share I took the plunge and ordered the light bar, if I don't care for it I can always return it. Thanks for the input, very much appreciated.
First, pardon the mess! It’s been a hectic few months!

The first pic is the screw in LEDs that replaced my flush mount fixtures, I call them flower bulbs and the “petals” can be moved up or down. I have 4 in my sewing room and 2 more in my long arm room. While it may not be visually appealing, I’ll take functionality any day and so will my eyes! I also had the ceiling painted white as before it was a dark cherry stain. This is in my basement which was used as the family room prior, but since it’s just me I don't need a family room, and chose to work with what I had.

The second is the 4 linkable shop lights I installed over my longarm, love how bright it is now!
Attached Thumbnails c2c2a169-1fd9-490f-8dd6-d2ef1004ab74.jpeg   afd8a3ad-9b7d-49e2-991a-ea5d1ca209df.jpeg  
Old 04-06-2020, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

The first pic is the screw in LEDs that replaced my flush mount fixtures, I call them flower bulbs and the “petals” can be moved up or down.

I need these in my sewing room. Do you have a brand name for them? I can't find anything like them doing a search.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The first pic is the screw in LEDs that replaced my flush mount fixtures, I call them flower bulbs and the “petals” can be moved up or down.

I need these in my sewing room. Do you have a brand name for them? I can't find anything like them doing a search.
Here are the ones I purchased
https://www.amazon.com/LED-Garage-Li...6208424&sr=8-6