Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Marshall's Dry Goods - Ever wonder what it looks like? >

Marshall's Dry Goods - Ever wonder what it looks like?

Marshall's Dry Goods - Ever wonder what it looks like?

Old 03-27-2019, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
Here in the Twin Cities we have SR Harris fabric outlets. There is one about 10 miles from me. It's my happy place. Marshall's seems bigger and more open. My friend and I hope to road trip there someday!
I was at Harris's in Burnsville last year. The fabrics were stacked so close together, I had a hard time seeing and accessing them. It took a long-distance to get there, I used to live in Eagan and never went.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:01 AM

I purchase from Marchalls. I have purchased their Marchalls line prints as well as their Brand name fabrics. Other than the Dream color solids, I find most of their print fabrics lacking in design to the name brand fabrics. The feel is usually not as soft either, but there are some that I like and would use. What I question is the wear to these fabrics in terms of color retention and wear. How well do they hold up over time?
Old 03-27-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I was at Harris's in Burnsville last year. The fabrics were stacked so close together, I had a hard time seeing and accessing them. It took a long-distance to get there, I used to live in Eagan and never went.
I know what you mean! The one I go to is in Brooklyn Center, and some fabrics are stacked so high, or deep that you need a ladder to reach it! The Burnsville one is on the other end of town from me and I've only been there once a long time ago.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:13 AM

I am thinking of buying a bolt of black fabric. Would this be the best place to do this and what brand have you guys used. (I bought some black Kona and it frayed badly, made me crazy)
Old 03-28-2019, 10:42 AM

I have not bought specifically their black. But I have bought their white by the bolt, as well as some other colors in yardage. I prefer to cut my own strips and squares as it is more economical. Their Dream cotton is really a nice fabric and I believe a heaveir weitht than the Kona. I can't say that I think it frays that much. There would be some when fabric is cut straight as opposed to pinked edges, but nothing that really bothers me.

I also like their Blended fabric when I don't want a true solid. They have a modled look and are more attractive in my mind when chosing colors (not necessarily blacks or whites) They also have a good weight to them, but not as nice a hand as the Dream cotton. I have purchased Kona solids, but other than their vast color offerings, I really prefer the Dream cotton. That's my take on it anyway.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:51 AM

Thanks for the link. I so want to go there. Maybe this summer.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:20 AM

I got to go to Marshall's once. I have also been to Hancock's in Paducah a couple of times. I really loved the experiences, but, there was so much to choose from that decisions were impossible. For me it would be better to go to a place like these with specific plans in mind.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:36 PM

If I lived close to this store, I would have to put a second mortgage on my house LOL
Old 04-22-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
If I lived close to this store, I would have to put a second mortgage on my house LOL
No 2nd mortgage... I'd have to get a spare house!!
Old 04-25-2019, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

Stores like that make me feel too overwhelmed! Looks awesome though.
I went to a shop on vacation in Maryland and she had so much to look at that I didn't know where to look. I really did get overwhelmed. There must be something wrong with me