Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martelli Roundabout turntable on sale

Martelli Roundabout turntable on sale

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...ning-board-set

This product is one of my better purchases. I use it all the time. It's a good sale price now.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    Oh my, that cost a ton!

I have another brand that I use frequently that cost 1/3 of that amount. Martelli is a good brand but it would be a luxury for me at this time.

Power Poster
    I keep my large cutting mat on a kitchen rolling unit with locking wheels. This allows me to just walk all the way around it. The best part, my son was getting rid of it and asked if I would like it for free.

Blog Entries
    I just gave my mom one of these for Christmas this year, I hope she ends up liking it!
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

The Martelli website had it on 50% off this past November. It was a better price.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I have a turntable mat but never use it. If it's a single block, I just turn the block to square. If it's a large piece, I just turn my 24x36 mat around. The turntable just frustrates me.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

The Martelli round about (and their other mats) are pricey - but they are fantastic. I LOVE all of my mats. Each has been purchased during their sales. Their sale format has changed, but I think they still have a sale each month for some product. Worth getting onto their email list, or following them on FB, if you think you might want something from them.

As for the RoundAbout specifically, it turns so smoothly that nothing on the surface moves. I had the green square one that was supposed to rotate, but it was so hard to turn that nothing I had on it was still lined up after I got it turned around. The RoundAbout is more like the Brooklyn Revolver as far as ease of turning, but it also has an ironing surface on the flip side.

The lower price I have seen for this does not include the pressing mat for it. It is a good price for all three pieces. I would pay full retail for another one if the one I have ever got lost or ruined. I put the square green ones I had on the guild free table, they have been on the table for two meetings now. I noticed a lot of these turntables at the last guild retreat.

Blog Entries
    I bought one at the 50% off price. I was used to the square green Olfa turn table and I have not warmed up to this round one. But I had worn the Olfa (?) one out.

Each member of my sew group has one. I was the last to get one. I did have the Miltilda brand I got as a gift. I use it for small work like making and glue basting hexies.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Blog Entries
    I have the Matilda one. Is it very different than the Martelli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Each member of my sew group has one. I was the last to get one. I did have the Miltilda brand I got as a gift. I use it for small work like making and glue basting hexies.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
    I bought one at the 50% off price. I was used to the square green Olfa turn table and I have not warmed up to this round one. But I had worn the Olfa (?) one out.
    Battle Axe, I go to the square green one too. The round one seems to swivel around on me too fast. Does that happen to you.

I bought the Mathilda one from Fat Quarter shop. It was considerably cheaper than that and works really well. I've just been using it to cut and square up blocks and I'm really liking it.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

I have one of these, and I wish it would recess down (or go down) so that it wouldn't turn when you do your cutting on the mat, then lift up when you quit cutting. It frustrates me when I start to cut something on it and it starts to rotate, but it doesn't do this all the time...I guess I get heavy-handed when cutting sometimes, causing it to turn. Other than that, I like it, as it has the self-healing surface and it is a great surface to cut on.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Blog Entries
    Rhonda...I'm not sure why I like the green one. I have green cutting mats. Perhaps it is the Apple thinking. When computers first came out, Apple gave free computers to all the schools and kids. They learned on an Apple, they were comfortable with an Apple and so when replacing or upgrading, they bought another Apple. It's just what you are used to.

Marcia

I have the "Matilda's Own" circular rotating cutting mat purchased from Amazon I believe. Well worth the money and love using it as arthritis is starting in my thumbs and this prevents some movements for me. Makes sizing blocks so much easier.

Yes, it might be pricey but oh so nice to have. I had another brand and it kept coming off its lazy susan bottom so I just took it off and would turn the cutting board. Now that I have the Martinelli one, I don't have to do that. I also take the cutting board off and lay my piles on it to take to the sewing machine so there are a number of uses for it. Its also a self-healing cutting mat so it will save your blades. That was the only saving grace for my last rotating mat. I also waited till it was on sale to buy.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

I got the Mathilda one last year for half price at Craftsy. I love it. I had a square Olfa and didn't like it at all.

Sign up for Martelli emails. Twice a year everything is on sale for 50% off.

Martelli Roundabout is on Amazon for $82.59. All three parts and free shipping if you are a Prime member.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    my husband took upper kitchen cabinets and fastened them together and put them on a base with locking wheel and then added a top to it. I also have it sitting so I can walk around it to cut and I love it!

I got a late Christmas gift from a friend yesterday. It was this Rounabout, all three pieces. LOL The friend is not a quilter so I am impressed with her choice.

Martelli is having their 50% off everything sale Jan. 3-5, 2019. Their email said this would be their last one.

Quote Originally Posted by institches33 View Post
    Sign up for Martelli emails. Twice a year everything is on sale for 50% off.
    Wait a bit- I got an email from them today that they are soon to be having a big sale!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast