Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine ceasing publication >

Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine ceasing publication

Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine ceasing publication

Old 05-26-2018, 01:04 PM

Default Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine ceasing publication

Just learned yesterday that MQU magazine & their sister publication "Machine Quilting" will no longer be published. Really liked the magazine and am sad to see it end. Also sad to see my subscription money wasted. I had renewed in December and according to my most recent label I have 9 issues left! That's more than 2 years! Would be surprised if there was a refund coming but one would think something should be done for subscribers that have paid in good faith.

comments anyone?
Old 05-26-2018, 08:11 PM

There should be a customer service number for the magazine, call the number and ask for a refund for all of the issues that you paid for and will not be getting.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:09 AM

I just found out about that too this weekend by chance. I'm going to call about my remaining issues on Tuesday. I doubt that anything will be done, but a phone call doesn't cost anything.

Meander Publishing Circulation, subscriptions and orders: (800)910-1925 ext. 4
Old 05-27-2018, 12:57 PM

That is why I no longer subscribe to magazines. I had 2 of them do that to me and I never did get a refund but I find enough patterns on the internet and who can make all of them anyway. If I see one in the store that has a pattern I really like and know that I will make it then I will buy it.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:51 AM

I got curious and checked their website-( I love the Modern quilting magazine) and it announced they are no longer publishing the magazine, effective immediately- the July/August issue will be digital only.Sad to see it go. I like the online editions of the quilting and craft magazines. I can print out only the pattern I want.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:42 AM

I am sad to see them go especially Machine quilting. I felt like they were a cut above other quilting magazines.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:01 PM

I will miss the Modern Quilting magazine. I stopped my subscription a year ago and have just been buying individual issues. Sometimes they sell back issues at a discount online. I really like paper copies, still old fashioned that way.....
Old 05-31-2018, 06:29 PM

I took Machine Quilting for several years and really liked it. But let my subscription drop about 2 issues ago as it seemed like more and more of the articles were about art quilts. I also took Modern Quilts Unlimited for about a year. I like modern quilts but seems they focused on individual quilt patterns more than on techniques. Sorry to see them go, although glad I hadn't renewed recently!
Old 06-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Power Poster

Long ago I overpaid McCalls magazine. they billed me for two accounts. they send me a refund and if they are closing and you paid ahead, they do owe you a refund. Good luck.