Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Nancy Zieman Block of the month >

Nancy Zieman Block of the month

Nancy Zieman Block of the month

Old 02-19-2018, 04:49 PM

I thought I would post some thoughts on this quilt since I have made the first two blocks. I love it! The fabrics just make me happy when working on them....maybe because I am soooo ready for spring to come. They are really pretty the way Nancy put them together. I am having a little difficulty going from computer to cutting to sewing to computer.....I really wish there was a concise printed set of directions. But, well, it is free so there's that!! The one thing I noticed with the stripe fabric in block B is that when you layer it with the modified half-square block the stripes are not all running the same way. I hope I am not missing something I should do to make them match but I cannot figure out how. It is not bad, just a little annoying not to all run the same way. They are shown matching on the site but if you put them together the way I am accustomed to they will not do this. ok, then, I love making these blocks. There are lots of seams coming together so you have to be very careful about pressing. I have had to re-press seams many times as pressing toward the dark doesn't always work. Which is true of any block. Just take your time and be careful cutting, especially the 3 7/8" blocks. I happen to have a creative grids ruler that is marked with the 7/8" measurements so that is quite helpful. Sorry to be so long, but I thought I would encourage some of you to go ahead and do this to honor a really great lady who I am sure had a lot of influence on all of us who sew and love it! Good luck! I would post a picture but I don't know how. Thanks and have a good evening!
Old 02-20-2018, 04:27 PM

Default Nancy Zieman 2018 BOM Addendum

Helen6869 posted on the earlier thread:

"I am having a little difficulty going from computer to cutting to sewing to computer.....I really wish there was a concise printed set of directions."

Helen, if you go down to the end of the instructions on the blog there is a link to the pdf file. Unfortunately, it's not exactly "concise," as it runs to 18 pages.